TP Film postcard project...

Same here, Alans came this morning :) So far only Menthels hasnt been damaged :shrug:

Got Alan's today too. Great shot.

Standard is high, I'm worried mine won't be up to scratch! :eek:

Thanks to everyone who has sent their images so far, it's great when you get home and they're waiting for you.

I now have my image (it's rubbish but it's what you're getting) however there is a slight problem. The scanned image dimensions are too small and the quality when compared against the prints is atrocious. I need to get them scanned again before moo can do their business. I hope to get it done this week...

Looking forward to the next one coming through.

Nice one Alan, yours arrived today. Lovely shot.

Andy

Yeah, Alan's dropped through my box today as well ! Totally unmarked !

My cards addressed and stamped!

Going in the post tomorrow.

Thanks for sending me one Jim. It was a nice surprise !

I must try and get back into this, but life is taking over at the mo :(

Hope there's going to be a thread over in the piccies section when someone gets a full set - I'd personally love to see the end results - preferably scans of the actual cards, so we could see them RM maltreatment and all ;)

I'm just getting my film developed now... Then to get moo on the case.

Cards will be in't post soon :)

Also - I've been having the cards sent to our new house which we'll be moving in to soon... So they'll be a nice moving in present :)

TheBigYin said:
Hope there's going to be a thread over in the piccies section when someone gets a full set - I'd personally love to see the end results - preferably scans of the actual cards, so we could see them RM maltreatment and all ;)

I have been planning to do this. Not sure of the logistics though. Scans or a photo of the cards in a thread along with the original would be nice!

I am certainly looking forward to seeing them all together.

I have been planning to do this. Not sure of the logistics though. Scans or a photo of the cards in a thread along with the original would be nice!

I am certainly looking forward to seeing them all together.

Well - as the ringleader on this, I reckon you should start a thread, and post scans of the cards in, then maybe as people comment, they can give links to their "pristine" versions, which you or I could edit back into the OP :shrug:

I'm just kicking myself for not getting my backside in gear and joining in with this one, tbh...

Well - as the ringleader on this, I reckon you should start a thread, and post scans of the cards in, then maybe as people comment, they can give links to their "pristine" versions, which you or I could edit back into the OP :shrug:

I'm just kicking myself for not getting my backside in gear and joining in with this one, tbh...

Sounds like a plan to me. Once I have finished the scanning for the scanner thread and dispatched the negatives on their way I will start scanning in the cards and get the thread going.

Mark, PM me your address and I will send you one of my remaining cards. They may as well be sent out as otherwise they will end up just sat at home doing nothing.

And next time we will all give you that kick...

Last edited:
Cards posted today, 2nd class I'm afraid - I found a bunch of stamps left over from Christmas!

This is my set so far :D

6a079a32.jpg

Oops! I've been napping on the job!

I've somehow not been checking into TP the last couple of weeks, and while I had this project in the back of my mind, I also vaguely thought the deadline was the end of March. Sorry.

Tonight's turning into a dev+scanning night, so hopefully I'll have something fun to put in an order to Moo in the next 24 hours.

For the record, I have received four lovely postcards just like Rob's posted above.

offline said:
Oops! I've been napping on the job!

I've somehow not been checking into TP the last couple of weeks, and while I had this project in the back of my mind, I also vaguely thought the deadline was the end of March. Sorry.

Tonight's turning into a dev+scanning night, so hopefully I'll have something fun to put in an order to Moo in the next 24 hours.

For the record, I have received four lovely postcards just like Rob's posted above.

No probs, looking forward to seeing your picture!

Likewise I have 4 cards now and I've managed to print a postcard I'm almost happy with so hopefully I will get in the darkroom over the weekend or monday and get the rest printed up and in the post.

Likewise I have 4 cards now and I've managed to print a postcard I'm almost happy with so hopefully I will get in the darkroom over the weekend or monday and get the rest printed up and in the post.

Excellent news!

Had DesF's card drop through yesterday, with a nice chuck scraped off in the centre. It defo is mechanical marks from the sorting process !
So at the moment Alan's in the lead as his out of the three I have, is not marked !

I got your "spare" card yesterday btw, Jim - I'm just waiting for a translator to decipher the writing on the back... :LOL:

TheBigYin said:
I got your "spare" card yesterday btw, Jim - I'm just waiting for a translator to decipher the writing on the back... :LOL:

Just take it to your local GP surgery! ;)

I got Des' yesterday and it was in perfect condition. Seems like its b&w that our postie hates as both colour ones have been fine.

Really like Des' postcard lovely colour.

Mine are with Moo at the mo so hopefully I can get them posted by the end of the week.

Andy

Really like Des' postcard lovely colour.

Thanks Andy. The power of Velvia despite my rotten scanning technique.

I had a B&W pic lined up but I processed two films together and both came out completely blank. :eek:

I have a light leak somewhere, not the camera as they were from different bodies. I suspect the changing bag.

Was a pity as they were full of World beating pics. ;)

Last edited:
Mine are in the post...

yes I know they are wonky, I don't really care (well I do but not enough to spend another hour and a half in the dark room :))

Mine are on their way from Moo so should be in the post before the weekend. They are dreary but Crewe is dreary.

Andy

Mine will be winging their way out tomorrow. Pot luck which one of the 3 you get though.

Andy

I received Desf and Bill's cards today. Love the colours in Des's and the effort Bill went to :D

Got Bill's card today, totally unmarked.

Cheerz, that's 4 down. A few more to go!

Got Bill's too, many thanks. Good pic and 'proper' printing too!

A small chunk missing courtesy of the PO unfortunately.

Bill - the subject of that postcard looked familiar from somewhere... ;)

(and a damned sight better looking than with the Holga and a loose slice of foam in the film roll!)

Got puggie's and desf's over the last couple of days and Andysnapp's dropped through my door today. All very nice.

Posted mine yesterday.

Back