TP Glen Coe Meet 2017

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Now, that was a GREAT meet.

Thanks to Rich for organising the meet - much appreciated.

I'm shattered and I've had a few so if I've missed anyone or their usernames are incorrect, let me know or please tag.

In attendance were:

@Mardybum @posiview @blondie606 @IanW @RichieTee @MrDrizz @pjm1 @Buck @drooke Pete Rick @paul100 @Malkovich @Vertigo1 @Southdowns and Izzy @MarkTwiglett Steve Cole

A quick edit from me for a starter. More to follow :)

I tend to open a thread on the photos for pleasure form :)

Cheers.

full

Ok, i will play along. I met Malkovich in the glen whilst photographing deer.He was the only 1 i saw from your meet, anyway here is an image from earlier today( i was there for the deer mostly)-

Red Deer stag by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Ok, i will play along. I met Malkovich in the glen whilst photographing deer.He was the only 1 i saw from your meet, anyway here is an image from earlier today( i was there for the deer mostly)-

Yeah nice to meet yet another Tp'er, but I gather you put the 70-200 on! I've got a few images i think, but need to be awake enough to sort them out

Cracking shot. I was there a few weeks ago, but they were standing too close to a fence, and I couldn't get a decent shot in good light without the fence showing.

As per Andy, despite my only being there for a day and a half of the full meet and the fact that the weather was pretty atrocious, I had a brilliant time (even if I am paying for it now!).

Met a lot of new faces and dare I say learned a few things along the way. Looking forward to the next meet and as I made it back a little sooner than others here's a few edits I've done already, though anyone in the WhatsApp group will be familiar with some of them already!

Lone Tree
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

The Devil's Pulpit

The Devil's Pulpit II

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall Waterfall

Loch Tulla

Cheers

Ian

Yeah Robert there are several along that road, some near the farm etc, these were past the farmhouses and up the winding road. They will be gone in a week or so as they will stop getting the deer pellets to supplement their diet.
It was up the windy road I saw them too, but they were on the right as you drive down the Glen, so it didn't matter what side I was at, they were standing next to the fence. If they'd been so obliging as to walk across the road, everything would have been perfect :D

As per Andy, despite my only being there for a day and a half of the full meet and the fact that the weather was pretty atrocious, I had a brilliant time (even if I am paying for it now!).

Met a lot of new faces and dare I say learned a few things along the way. Looking forward to the next meet and as I made it back a little sooner than others here's a few edits I've done already, though anyone in the WhatsApp group will be familiar with some of them already!

Lone Tree

The Devil's Pulpit

The Devil's Pulpit II

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall Waterfall

Loch Tulla

Cheers

Ian

Very nice Ian (y)

Got a few very similar to your devils armpit and loch tulla shots

It was up the windy road I saw them too, but they were on the right as you drive down the Glen, so it didn't matter what side I was at, they were standing next to the fence. If they'd been so obliging as to walk across the road, everything would have been perfect :D

They are better walking up the road rather than crossing it..lol

up the road.jpg

Cracking set there @Ian W ....
The mountain top image ......:clap:love it !
Like to low poverty on the Tulla shot & the colors really pop from the stark whiteout.
Good to see a slightly different view of Etive Mor as well......lovely set of images (y)

Good to meet you ,hope you've caught up on your sleep now :D

Cracking set there @Ian W ....
The mountain top image ......:clap:love it !
Like to low poverty on the Tulla shot & the colors really pop from the stark whiteout.
Good to see a slightly different view of Etive Mor as well......lovely set of images (y)

Good to meet you ,hope you've caught up on your sleep now :D

I'm impressed that you're still awake first and foremost, Lynne!

Thank you for the kind comments. A pleasure to meet you too, now go get those feet up and eyes shut [emoji4]

A very majestic animal, Mark.

Hope to meet you on the next one :)

Lone Tree

The Devil's Pulpit

The Devil's Pulpit II

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall Waterfall

Loch Tulla

Cheers

Ian

The tent one is a bit special, Ian, as is the one of Loch Tulla, very sharp from front to back.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Love the B&W conversions, Andy. Very moody, especially Etive Mortif ;)

All good Dan - I especially like the last one - my highland cousin :)

I just love seeing all the shots....considering we were all on the same meet it amazes me just how many different images we get!

@posiview ...Lochan Torren....love it ...nuff said :love:
1st pano is pretty special....well worth the hill hike :clap:
Pick of the bunch for me is " of Etive Mortif"....superb capture & edited perfectly :notworthy:

@drooke .....Highland Buck...stunning shot :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Stob Dearg Cottage....you really get a sense of scale with this....love it !
Lone Climber....well spotted & framed :clap:

@Mardybum ......you need to oganise more of these meets (y)

I'm obviously having a senior moment....can't see any difference between the 2 of Stalker ? Nice low POV & dramatic sky!
Not sure where the water fall was but liking it , get a real impression of power :clap:

@Buck
I have an almost identical image to your Tulla reflection so I have to say....it's Awesome :D
Kilchurn Tree....well framed & like it in mono :clap:

Managed to load mine on to the pc , back them up & have a little play with a few .Got a couple that I need to spend more time on ( sows ear / silk purse etc etc) .
Flickr set now complete so here's the bigger images :

Spotted this whilst standing in the rain on the Glen Etive road & thought it worth a shot....
Framed by Lynne J Photography, on Flickr

One from Kilchurn Castle ( though you'd never guess !) Not happy with my actual castle shot but kinda liked this...

Leaning by Lynne J Photography, on Flickr

From Milarocchy Bay on the way home......we we're blessed with some wonderful light & sunshine ...

Stepping Stones by Lynne J Photography, on Flickr]

Another handheld grab shot after taking some snaps of the Stag on the Glen Etive road...in the rain ( again)

Heavens view by Lynne J Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely done @blondie606 - all good but I especially like the second and fourth - now hurry up and get on with the rest :D

@Mardybum ......you need to oganise more of these meets (y)

I'm obviously having a senior moment....can't see any difference between the 2 of Stalker ? Nice low POV & dramatic sky!
Not sure where the water fall was but liking it , get a real impression of power :clap:

@Buck
I have an almost identical image to your Tulla reflection so I have to say....it's Awesome :D
Kilchurn Tree....well framed & like it in mono :clap:

I'm already planning the next one..... gonna post info once I'm moved & settled.
I'm not sure why it posted the Stalker image twice?? It's the same one...

Some excellent images being posted here guys, take a bow !!! Mine are not worthy! (Even if the Flickr robot thinks otherwise)!. One thing is for sure, we all had to work extra hard to get these images due to the biblical weather..... which deserves even more plaudits in itself!

Keep them coming.

IMG_1490082199.953175.jpg

Great meet guys! Well organised apart from the weather........ [emoji23]

Can't wait for the next one!
Although need another trip up there.... to visit locations in better light!

I enjoyed the thread / images and sorry I couldn't meet you all this time.

For what it's worth - white sky and dump of snow up here today.

IMG_1490115692.915287.jpg

I love these creatures!!!

Back