Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
My first and only effort.

Sillybugger.jpg

Nice to put a face to the character ;)

I only took 6 shots and returning home the blue sky over Doncaster is warm and lovely :bang:

I think that sun may have been photoshopped :cautious:

I agree nice to put names to faces pity about the rain though oh well maybe next time!!!
Naw not shopped the genuine article.

Hopefully the next meet will be warm and dry.
Mick

Never seen a 9 legged money spider before, Thanks for that Ade. :D

were you on the same meet as me Paul :LOL: Some great shots here :clap:

My favourite shot of the day was from my back garden when I got home :(

4761009764_4d7eaf4cd3.jpg

It did indeed rain, but as someone mentioned on the meet thread previously - all you can do is a moody b&w conversion, so here's mine...
0ced405b553b08f87660bfd5acf01322.jpg

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/0ce/0ced405b553b08f87660bfd5acf01322_dd1.jpg

I have to say that while Ruskin's View was a very nice view, I do think that Mr Ruskin can't have got out much if he thought that it was "the best view in England". Perhaps he spent most of his time indoors doing poetry, although having read a couple of his poems, I think he might have been better off going for some more walks instead :)

Some of mine...

One for Dawn :D
20100704_49z.jpg

Thanks Paul, that lick was something else :D :LOL:

Couple of landscapes when the rain allowed
20100704_97z.jpg

20100704_270zzzz.jpg

And then resorted to the macro lens
20100704_199z.jpg

this has to be the one I like the best

20100704_180z.jpg

20100704_139z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to meet everyone and well done to John and everyone who helped for organising it. Thanks Simon for helping to get me thinking about shots too.

This is the best of a poor bunch from me but never mind

Tried to make it look kind of sunnier but I don't think it worked too well. :)

4760574029_362cd06c00_b.jpg

It did indeed rain, but as someone mentioned on the meet thread previously - all you can do is a moody b&w conversion, so here's mine...
0ced405b553b08f87660bfd5acf01322.jpg

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/0ce/0ced405b553b08f87660bfd5acf01322_dd1.jpg

I have to say that while Ruskin's View was a very nice view, I do think that Mr Ruskin can't have got out much if he thought that it was "the best view in England". Perhaps he spent most of his time indoors doing poetry, although having read a couple of his poems, I think he might have been better off going for some more walks instead :)

OMG you do too much research about the subject :LOL:

One thing is we were not indoors putting words together, rather getting p'd on by the british weather! (how typical is that?) So why is it that I came back to this country?????

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great meeting you today

D :cool:

Nice to meet everyone and well done to John and everyone who helped for organising it. Thanks Simon for helping to get me thinking about shots too.

I like this pic very much :)

OMG you do too much research about the subject

I fear I may have misled you. "Research" is perhaps too strong a term - I googled the name, read a couple of poems and said to myself, "well, that's not up to much" - a scholar of English Literature I am not :)

Enjoyed the day, shame about the weather - it's blue skies and sunshine in Skipton at the moment. Bloody typical!

Cheers Dawn :)

And btw I have to agree about Ruskin's View. I grew up in Kirkby and while it's a nice spot I've never been blown away by it. Lovely blue sky now in Lancaster too!

Well here is one of mine from today. I had a lovely time and have lots more to share when dad has got them ready for me. :love:

The Title is CAN you see?

A bit too tired to do much with mine tonight and please bear in mind I'm a beginner but here's one for now.

IMG_1284processedsmall.jpg

Cracking shot Graham (y)

Really disappointed to have missed it today, hopefully next time.

Steve

A nice, pleasant, well photohopped sun would work wonders here.............:D

Another ...

IMG_1317processedsmall.jpg

And, I've never seen that word used to describe steps before!

IMG_1337small.jpg

One more:

IMG_1345processedsmall.jpg

And another:

IMG_1307processedsmall.jpg

First try of the vari-ND (and any ND for that matter) - just a test really.

IMG_1282processedsmall.jpg

Last edited:
Cracking shot Graham (y)

Really disappointed to have missed it today, hopefully next time.

Steve

Cheers :)

See you next time

A nice, pleasant, well photohopped sun would work wonders here.............:D

I'll see what I can do :)

Another from me - had a play with a D70 thanks to the kindness of Steve (can't remember your full user name sorry). Send me your address and I will send you the memory card!

Moody rainy B+W with the D70

4760867649_05151d34c9_z.jpg

edit: is this cheating? :p

4760574029362cd06c00bco.jpg

Last edited:
Well here is one of mine from today. I had a lovely time and have lots more to share when dad has got them ready for me. :love:

The Title is CAN you see?

Great lead in line pal, I think you and my Roo need to hook up to create some great pics, between the two of you, you could come up with some very original pics. :thinking: (us parents could capitalise on the combination :LOL:)

Well done (y)

D :)

I only managed to come out with a couple of shots today. Spent too much time gossiping I think.

KirkbyLonsdale3of26-Edit-2test.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8321489@N07/4761914778/

Now I've seen these on here I'm really dissapointed with how they are looking. They've completely lost the small amount of vibrancy they had and just look very dull. I'm thinking photobucket has done something nasty to them :-(

Right sorry about this tried again using flicker, which I haven't used before.

Now its just showing links and the colours are still rubbish. Any ideas?

Andrea

Last edited:
A couple more from today...

You don't see may foopaths around these days:
6402c1bd96330824c1a928679ecaf215.jpg

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/640/6402c1bd96330824c1a928679ecaf215_ee2.jpg
(This one is really annoying me actually. The bottom edge of top sign is straight, but the top of it seems a little off. Add to that the fact that the bottom sign is nowhere near straight and I'm left with a nagging image! I may re-rotate so that rather than one straight and one quite wonky, I have both being just a tiny bit off dead straight)

Pretty flower:
878ae49857f661b828d6ff7926b806e5.jpg

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/878/878ae49857f661b828d6ff7926b806e5_342.jpg
Latin name Blueus Flowerus (or something similar)

I found it really difficult to get any enthusiasm together for landscape due to the poor light, but that is just me I guess.Anyhow, two that i`ve done without expertly photoshopping the sun in.....;)

Kirby1.jpg

Not sure if the PP works on this........:shrug:

Kirby5.jpg

I only managed to come out with a couple of shots today. Spent too much time gossiping I think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8321489@N07/4761283177/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8321489@N07/4761914778/

Now I've seen these on here I'm really dissapointed with how they are looking. They've completely lost the small amount of vibrancy they had and just look very dull. I'm thinking photobucket has done something nasty to them :-(

Right sorry about this tried again using flicker, which I haven't used before.

Now its just showing links and the colours are still rubbish. Any ideas?

Andrea

If posting from Flickr, you right click on the photo, then click properties and copy the URL. Post it with the
tags at the end of the URL:)

4761283177_5c4a7ba234_b.jpg

4761914778_d0ca7685b2_b.jpg

Back