TP Landscape Meet - It rained.

Thanks for that Paul.

But they are still not showing the colours that my screen was showing from the original shots.

They've gone very dull and dark.

Any ideas anyone as it is just making them look awful and I know they look different when viewing them in various other programs on my laptop. Both Flickr and Photobucket seem to be changing them?

Ta

Andrea

I think that's all of them for me.

This one was taken very early when there was still a tinge of colour to the sky.

IMG_1246processedsmall.jpg

IMG_1260processedsmall.jpg

IMG_1268processedsmall.jpg

IMG_1272processedsmall.jpg

Now I just have to decide which one to put in the competition.

I have also entered this one in the competition thread but thought I would put it in here as well, that way if anyone would like to comment, please do.

Ruskins1.jpg

I have also entered this one in the competition thread but thought I would put it in here as well, that way if anyone would like to comment, please do.

Ruskins1.jpg

Hiya Nick,

I love the bright colours of the grass and trees in this pic, they stand out well agains the grey sky. (y)

Dawn :)

edit: is this cheating? :p

4760574029362cd06c00bco.jpg

Hiya Graham,

Stunning pic, now if only it had looked like that on Sunday :cool:

If the judges hadn't been in attendance getting soaked with all of us you might have had a winner there :LOL:

D :)

Thought I would throw this one into the mix taken by my +1 on a G9.

And a panorama

Last edited:
Some good shots posted so far.

High time I posted soem and lowered the standard.

Not sure about the processing - still on a sharp learning curve.

First shot Devil's Bridge:

Second is a B&W conversion - my first:

I couldn't resist this shot because of the wake:

Next a gaggle (is that the word, or should it be a camera bag) of photographers?

Finally, a shot of the colourful barn in Ruskin's View:

All C&C welcomed.

Ken

Hadn't thought of that! Not that I'm likely to win, especially as I haven't posted to the competition thread yet.

Think I prefer it though so may backtrack on other conversion.

Ken

Ken, I don't see any reason why you should feel you can't post here your pics for comment, after all it was a learning experience for all of us. If you get c&c on your pics here and then decide to post said pic in the comp thread fair does to you.

Not that my c&c will mean anything technically (as I am still learning) but there are two observations I make from your b&b conversions, i.e., the first one cuts off the top of the bridge, the second has more foreground detail and better lead in line.

I may be wrong with this, so if I am looking at the wrong perspective, I would like to be corrected on this.

I'm not sure if we would get the same kind of feedback/learning experience from the comp thread, so I say go for it! Post pics here so we can all gain from each other's techniques, why wait till the results of the competition.

Besides we were all of varying degrees of photography on the day.

I am very impressed by some of the pics posted here from folk who may not be as advanced as some who were there, and then there are some pics from the advanced that I am not as impressed with. But then considering the day and the conditions we had to work with that is to be expected.

Let's not turn this into a PURE competition event, but more a learning experience for all.

Now that I have had my say (apologies if I have said too much, but then again I have had a few glasses of sherry in celebration of my birthday :LOL:) and I am now going to get ready to go out.

Hopefully I will get some time this week to post some of my pics from the day. I may land up having to post photos direct from the camera without pp if I don't get time to do anything with them before Friday.

I have had a quick squiz, and there are some I am happy with, but I will leave that up to the crew to decide :D

Right have to love you and leave you, I have a party to get to :)

here are a few of mine

I really do like number 3 but have you tried doing anything with the sky in PP?

I like the water in number 4 but it is a shame that the trees etc in the background are a bit dark.

I really do like number 3 but have you tried doing anything with the sky in PP?

I like the water in number 4 but it is a shame that the trees etc in the background are a bit dark.

I've done a single raw hdr on them

4769214631_52f8b1e082_o.jpg

4769215001_e6f300f7c7_o.jpg

Dawn,

Hope you had a good birthday and have recovered from the after effects.

Thanks for your comments I appreciate them but DD is right, albeit I think a little tongue in cheek.

Ken

Dawn,

Hope you had a good birthday and have recovered from the after effects.

Thanks Ken, I had a fantastic birthday, although I'm feeling a tad fragile today (but I only have myself to blame for that) :LOL:

Just a couple to prove that the sun did come out after everyone had left .

2b.jpg

1b.jpg

Missed the actual meet but went today and shot a few pics. Link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48885636@N00/sets/72157624446012912/

If you follow the link you'll understand why I was looking forward to getting some instruction. :crying:

Nothing wrong with those
1. Great action shot and a splash af bright colour
2. Good reflections in the still ish water
3. Great use of a narrow DOF

and the rest are pretty good to.

BTW I was sat next to DD when he got your text and I replied, took me ages to work how to use his phone :bang:

Sorry, not yet, I've not decided which to enter but will do so shortly.

Sorry, not yet, I've not decided which to enter but will do so shortly.

Okies - no worries - just mentioned it as a reminder as as I finally found to few mins to PP my own from the day - but can't post them until all entries are in :)

DD

Nooooooo, not yet!

Only just got to looksie tonight at my pics, although I don't think any are competition material (having seen what has already been posted), but heyho, I was there on the day, slogged through the rain, so need to submit one even though it may be a 'wash-out', by both weather and poor tog experience. But then we all need something to laff at. Will there be a BOOBY prize for the worst photo? (I think I may just win that category :LOL:)

Bear with me, I am working on loading the pics tonight.

Cheers

Some nice pics there D, get one in the compo thread. :)

Thanks Paul, not sure which one to enter (not that I would come close to the standard of photos already posted to the comp thread).

I specially left out the 3 images I took of the steps and am at the moment trying to figure out Lightroom 3 to compose an HDR image as the finale, but not having much luck as it is the first time I am doing this and am all fingers and thumbs (it is one I will have to work on over the weekend and see what I can come up with) :LOL:

From the pics I posted to my link, I like the one I took of you taking a pic of me, I converted it to B&W with a colour focal on your lens, I think it adds drama to the scene :D

Thanks for your reply, hope you are well.

Last edited:
Oi you little barsteward how many times do I or my hat appear in your blog :bat:

Once less than Dave? :D I'll take 'em down if you're bothered bud, I blaim the weather..

Thanks for the link, I will take a look.

It was great meeting you too. When you say the 'zoo' meet are referring to the one in Chester?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=238479

If so, I might just see you there :)

Yeah that's the one Dawn, although if Scott's there I fear for my on-going good health lol. Not sure I can have the time off work, trying to swap my days off.

Back