TP Landscape Meet - It rained.

Only joking matey, there is enough of Dave and Ken aswell. Just one question......why so many of my rear end :cautious:

Only joking matey, there is enough of Dave and Ken aswell. Just one question......why so many of my rear end :cautious:

Lol, can't say I noticed that. I suppose because it's easier to take candids when the people don't know they're being taken.. next time I'll make sure I get your face instead. :wave:

Landscapes for me are a sunrise and sunset thing.

Once less than Dave? :D I'll take 'em down if you're bothered bud, I blaim the weather..

NO!!!!! Don't do that!!! :LOL:

Yeah that's the one Dawn, although if Scott's there I fear for my on-going good health lol. Not sure I can have the time off work, trying to swap my days off.

:cool: Now I really do have to make an effort to be there :)

I am looking at making a weekend of it. My son will be on holiday in South Africa with his dad at that time, so thinking of making the most of the opportunity. Would be great to pop over on the Saturday, get some shots of the city, perhaps some candids (being a touristy attraction I might get away with that and feel more comforatable), etc, and then do the 'zoo' meet on the Sunday, nicely rounded off with a curry with the togs. Kip over on the Sunday night and then leave from there on the Monday morning and make my way to work. Apparently one can 'wild' camp near the river, so I may mozie on over with my campervan.

Would be great to see you there.

D :)

Hey folks, I've posted up a blog entry with a few photos from the day.

Was a pleasure to meet you all, hopefully see some of you again if I can get the time off for the zoo meet. (y)

Nice set recording the day and glad to have been of service in adding a splash of colour to your photos ;) I'll remember my (less colourful) fleece next time!

Nice set recording the day and glad to have been of service in adding a splash of colour to your photos ;) I'll remember my (less colourful) fleece next time!

Indeed, I have to agree with your comment (y)

Oh please don't forget your 'splash' of colour next time, we needed it to brighten up the dreary day :)

Once less than Dave? :D I'll take 'em down if you're bothered bud, I blaim the weather..

I do seem to be in quite a few there :bat:

Which can only mean one thing... payback !!!

Next meet you & I are on sonny I'm tasking EVERYONE to get at least 5 different shots of you for one mega thread :LOL:

Some nice shots too, seems you can use a camera however burdened - now just imagine what you could do with a proper make :D

DD

I have created two new threads:

NW meets announcement thread

LINK

But please read the instructions in post one before posting anything in it!!!!

NW meets discussion thread

LINK

Do you know what colour profile your images are using? Flickr etc. + the web may assume sRGB, so if your images are saved in AdobeRGB or something then the rich colours won't be seen. So you could make web versions, converted into sRGB before saving.

Thanks for that Paul.

But they are still not showing the colours that my screen was showing from the original shots.

They've gone very dull and dark.

Any ideas anyone as it is just making them look awful and I know they look different when viewing them in various other programs on my laptop. Both Flickr and Photobucket seem to be changing them?

Ta

Andrea

Ok - here's mine from the day

Feel free to slag them off as much as you like now I've judged yours :D

All uncropped - the aim being to get it right as shot. It is easier to shoot 'loose' and crop later, but that's less challenging and obviously loses you some of those pixels you paid so much for

DD

#5 - fisheye

I love the fisheye shot Dave. Only thing is, it looks like the pp on the sky disappears when looking through the trees on the LHS.

I like the composition and tone of number 4 in that you've got the full reflection of the bridge in shot. I don't know why but you've lost a lot of the colour from the bridge in processing. I prefer it in colour as it was quite a colourful scene.

The processing in number one seems a bit funny too. The top edges of the trees seem to have halos and it looks a bit 'crunchy'. That doen't mean I don't like the shot though ;-)

I can't make my mind up about fisheye.

What happened to the river/barn shot?

I love the fisheye shot Dave. Only thing is, it looks like the pp on the sky disappears when looking through the trees on the LHS.

It does - it was just a gradient bit of colour I threw in on a diagonal

I like the composition and tone of number 4 in that you've got the full reflection of the bridge in shot. I don't know why but you've lost a lot of the colour from the bridge in processing. I prefer it in colour as it was quite a colourful scene.

The processing in number one seems a bit funny too. The top edges of the trees seem to have halos and it looks a bit 'crunchy'. That doen't mean I don't like the shot though ;-)

I can't make my mind up about fisheye.

What happened to the river/barn shot?

I deliberately toned down the colour in the second bridge to make it less distracting; as for the river/barn shot - I couldn't be arsed to process that one :D

DD

It does - it was just a gradient bit of colour I threw in on a diagonal

Excuse my ignorance Dave, but I'm still very much a beginner, especially with PP, but could you put the above in idiot terms?

Excuse my ignorance Dave, but I'm still very much a beginner, especially with PP, but could you put the above in idiot terms?

I thought that was layman's terms :LOL:

Err - let me see... if you watch Top Gear you'll see on lots of their car on track shots there's a darkened or coloured sky, where it's darker in colour at the top of the screen and lightens as it goes down; that's a colour gradient and while it's normal to have it going straight down it's sometimes at an angle instead - as I did here

Dead easy in Photoshop using the Gradient tool :)

Ok?

DD

I thought that was layman's terms :LOL:

Err - let me see... if you watch Top Gear you'll see on lots of their car on track shots there's a darkened or coloured sky, where it's darker in colour at the top of the screen and lightens as it goes down; that's a colour gradient and while it's normal to have it going straight down it's sometimes at an angle instead - as I did here

Dead easy in Photoshop using the Gradient tool :)

Ok?

DD

I'm with you now. Wasn't sure if you had used a filter on the original or applied after in pp or what was happening. :bonk:

Back