TP Meet: Brighton next month ( June)

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

So I have a trip planned to the UK at the end of June.

I'll be in / around Brighton area for a couple of days.

Specifically Sunday 30th June and the Monday 1st July

I'll actually be there the saturday 29th but not until mid ( ish) afternoon so that day is a bit impractical I think although if someone who wishes to meet up only has a couple of hours spare that evening, I'd be happy to make the effort.

I'll only be shooting LF so may end up shooting nothing depending on light and subjects, not that that will pose me a problem as I have always enjoyed meeting up with you guys regardless of the actual photography.

Naturally I've posted in the f&c section as it is ideally a filmie meet but should someone from "the other side" wish to join in with one of them contraptions that I don't understand, they're also welcome providing of course that they appreciate that the quality shots will of course come out of a film camera! :exit::LOL:

So who thinks they might be free?

Well if it's sunny and not going to rain then I'll pop down on my motorbike...it's about 70 miles from my house so even at the speeds I go (fast 50mph :rolleyes:), it wouldn't take too long.

Well if it's sunny and not going to rain then I'll pop down on my motorbike...it's about 70 miles from my house so even at the speeds I go (fast 50mph :rolleyes:), it wouldn't take too long.

Wicked! :banana:

but 50 mph?......I go faster on a pushbike! :exit::LOL:

Sounds like a good idea, seems ages since I managed to get to a meet!

and of course you'll come down with your Chroma ??? along with your newly found "swing knowledge" so that you can ensure I get the full length of Brighton pier in focus!:LOL:

Hi guys,

So I have a trip planned to the UK at the end of June.

I'll be in / around Brighton area for a couple of days.

Specifically Sunday 30th June and the Monday 1st July

I'll actually be there the saturday 29th but not until mid ( ish) afternoon so that day is a bit impractical I think although if someone who wishes to meet up only has a couple of hours spare that evening, I'd be happy to make the effort.

I'll only be shooting LF so may end up shooting nothing depending on light and subjects, not that that will pose me a problem as I have always enjoyed meeting up with you guys regardless of the actual photography.

Naturally I've posted in the f&c section as it is ideally a filmie meet but should someone from "the other side" wish to join in with one of them contraptions that I don't understand, they're also welcome providing of course that they appreciate that the quality shots will of course come out of a film camera! :exit::LOL:

So who thinks they might be free?

As I live in Brighton & Hove, I`d like to jump in and meet up if you don`t mind sadly I`m from the dark other side with Fuji X.

As I live in Brighton & Hove, I`d like to jump in and meet up if you don`t mind sadly I`m from the dark other side with Fuji X.

Well for me Dave, you're more than welcome to join and take those "inferieur quality" :exit: fuji shots however, the big question is can you tolerate the interragation from the other filmies who might descend on your home town?:LOL:

Well for me Dave, you're more than welcome to join and take those "inferieur quality" :exit: fuji shots however, the big question is can you tolerate the interragation from the other filmies who might descend on your home town?:LOL:

I`ll put Brighton on ALERT for the Film crew look out :D

I can bring along a proper camera if you'd like to try one - or introduce you to the nice people in Clock Tower Cameras who can kit you out if it's not a Sunday.

@Asha so is this a July or June meetup?

@Asha so is this a July or June meetup?

Kinda both lol

I'm there for both days so basically whatever suits you lot.

If most folk find the Sunday best for example, but means that one or two miss out, then I'll be available monday to make a mini meet ( for want of a better expression).

Similarly like I mentioned in the opening post, I will make an effort saturday pm if that's the only free time that someone has.

Basically Nick, there's nothing set in stone re who descends when.

I can add a poll if there's a real need…….

Hopefully you can make the fairly short journey?

Last edited:
Will do my best to make it down, working quite a lot of weekends at the moment so will have to organise last minute.

Due to some family issues, and as much as I'd like to meet up, I may well not be up for this one. It is in my diary but....

Looking much less likely for me, now I've actually looked at my own diary. We're on holiday in the Lakes the week before and I suspect there'll be Duties that must be undertaken!

Looking much less likely for me, now I've actually looked at my own diary. We're on holiday in the Lakes the week before and I suspect there'll be Duties that must be undertaken!
:(

Might be touch and go for me as the back wheel on the motorcycle has disintegrated 13 spokes out of 36 snapped and with the bike wobbling at slow speed thought it must be the tyres a bit flat o_O:rolleyes:.....just thinking what could have happen going around bend with the hub of the wheel going from left to right scares me. Anyway the first wheel (made 1985) sent from the bay and the guy said it would fit erm doesn't cos silly Honda made the back wheel from 1985 to 1987 then changed it slightly from 1996 onwards erm my bike is 1999.
No one seems to have the later back wheel in the UK and might try the French ebay as if I could get the wheel say for £50 and pay £30 postage it still would be a good buy.
1999 honda cmx 250 roue arriere ?

This is doing my head in half English and half French https://www.ebay.fr/itm/G-HONDA-REB...764149?hash=item214a32cd75:g:ACUAAOSwqe1bx4vl
so he wants 88 euro plus 18 euro del and can't see an offer button, maybe when I get my money back from the wheel I've got, we (well you pretending to be me) could send him a French letter (erm email :D) to see if he would accept an offer.

Last edited:
Asha what is the situation buying from France? Am I right in that you don't pay any import tax? and do the French pay the Vat so no charge my end?
I was thinking I could just wait until a wheel turns up in the UK or France.

Last edited:
Asha what is the situation buying from France? Am I right in that you don't pay any import tax? and do the French pay the Vat so no charge my end?
I was thinking I could just wait until a wheel turns up in the UK or France.

Tbh Bri, I cannot give assurance that I know 100%, what with Brexit etc goodness knows.

That said, AFAIK the fact that the UK is stll in the EU ( or at east it was a few weeks back!), then if you purchase from France, you will have no import taxes to pay and any Vat will I beleive have already been paid on the object at this end.

As said I cannot confirm 100% but I have recently bought from the UK and have had no additional fees so presumably it remains the same in both directions/

.@Asha ,, what time are you about on the sat asha ,,,,?

Last edited:
.@Asha ,, what time are you about on the sat asha ,,,,?

Somewhere between 2pm and 3pm I think.

@medwaygreen Richard is kindly taking me over to Brighton on the Saturday.

We have no concrete plans for that afternoon although it's possible that we may go up to Foredown Tower https://www.portslade.org/foredown-tower/ to meet up with Stephen @stephen M

Either way, if your available that sat pm / evening , I'll be around even if the others have commitments to attend to.

The sat, sun and monday I'll be in Hove / Brighton just a stones throw away from the seafront!

Somewhere between 2pm and 3pm I think.

@medwaygreen Richard is kindly taking me over to Brighton on the Saturday.

We have no concrete plans for that afternoon although it's possible that we may go up to Foredown Tower https://www.portslade.org/foredown-tower/ to meet up with Stephen @stephen M

Either way, if your available that sat pm / evening , I'll be around even if the others have commitments to attend to.

I think we have given the tower visit a pass as timing is an issue,but, I think that our arrival in Brighton will be between 1pm an 2pm.

I am open to going anywhere local for some photography that suits Asha with his LF kit.

ok . if im allowed out and ive finished my bob the builder bit for the day ill try and get down to say hello .

ok . if im allowed out and ive finished my bob the builder bit for the day ill try and get down to say hello .

Cool I'll look forward to that.

This now looking impossible, as we'll be heading north from the Lakes, sorry to miss the meet...

Back