TPF Winter get together

Will the seals still be around the following sunday? the 11th?

Ok! the wfes just told me she`s busy that sunday, so will have to give it a miss. Will try again next year!

The beach will be busy again this Sunday.
Nature photographers have switched their date from 3rd to the 4th.
The carpark will fill up quickly.

Sounds nice. :) But a rather long trek up from Cambridge. And I haven't even gotten familiar with my new camera yet (still in the box!!).

What's the day going to be like? 9am start to ?

LOL Arkady is driving up from Hampshire, we have people coming from Bath/Bristol area ;) Cambridge not so far :)

Day is going to be 10 until whenever, no strict finish time we dont all have to leave together. Some of us are getting there early and there is nothing to stop anybody else being there early either :)

hope that helps

IanC_UK said:
7 or 8 hours Jewel ! lol

Looks like weather will be a bit damp, :(

It may not be, I've just got this from the met office.

NE_map1_weather.gif

IanC_UK said:
LOL Arkady is driving up from Hampshire, we have people coming from Bath/Bristol area ;) Cambridge not so far :)

Day is going to be 10 until whenever, no strict finish time we dont all have to leave together. Some of us are getting there early and there is nothing to stop anybody else being there early either :)

hope that helps

And I will be coming from North London. Can't see me getting there by 10. probably nearer 11.

IanC_UK said:
Wont be hard to find us no matter what time you get there :) Ill prolly wear me loud blue Subaru Rally team jacket make it a little obvious lol

If you don't forget it :whistle2: :smilenod:

IanC_UK said:
We can only hope mate :) Is very windy in Lincs at the moment.

If its windy, the sand will be blowing round.
Don't forget your plastic bags.

I've got plenty of black bin bags, but not clear bags :(

I'll pop into Tesco tommorow i think and have a look for some clear bags + eleastic bands. Sounds like we're gona need em :)

Jonny said:
I've got plenty of black bin bags, but not clear bags :(

I'll pop into Tesco tommorow i think and have a look for some clear bags + eleastic bands. Sounds like we're gona need em :)

I will have some extras with me if anybody is stuck, just hope they are big enough ! lol

IanC_UK said:
I will have some extras with me if anybody is stuck, just hope they are big enough ! lol

Well I may take you up on that if I can't find any...I'm sure my 350 will have no problem fitting into the smallest bag you have ;) :D

Marcel said:
Well I may take you up on that if I can't find any...I'm sure my 350 will have no problem fitting into the smallest bag you have ;) :D

Lol i am using 2 bags heavily modified for mine lol is a pain finding clear bags big enough for a 20d, battery grip and 100-400L !

Latest weather from here, high cloud, sun poking out, bit nippy but not looking too bad, hope it holds out like this for tomorrow

Im currently in Spalding, it hasnt rained here all day, and most of the forecasts said it would ! lol

Im going ot be there no matter what the forecast, camera is dressed up in its finest placky bags and about 3 dozen elastic bands ;)

Have a great day lads - and get some killer shots! :woot:

The photographers from flight TPF will be arriving shortly. Have a great day guys :thumb:

Sorry fellas - too much admin to sort before tomorrow.
Had a drama with the Satellite Comms connectivity (new dish and modem) which required going back into work yesterday and sorting it all out.
Added to which, the ex-Mrs has used up all the printer ink on her coursework and needed new ones, which she bought in PC World. Only £70 for the lot:shock: ! I get them free from work, I keep telling her (and then showed her the stash of cartridges under the computer!!!) - so no money for petrol:doh:

Was a good day again :) met up with pretty much everybody, shame Rob couldnt make it ! Sonsey, dont know what happened to the phone signal on Matts phone, sorry we didnt get to meet up with you after all that !

Got loads of pics, going to wait and let Jonny and Marcel get the first up though ;)

Jonny said:
Just transferring the files onto my pc now :p

And having opened a beer after all the traffic on the M11, I am now doing the same.

Yes, it was another good day.
It was great to meet up with some new faces (Mark, Robert & Jonny).
The weather was fine for most of the day.
And some great piccies where captured.

Sorry Ian (Sonsey), Phone signal went for the rest of the day.
Did you manage to get onto the sand banks?
I hope you enjoyed your day, even though we didn't manage to bump into each other.

Lol, I was wondering what happened to your phone Matt, I had visions of you dropping it after I called the first time :eek1:

We just stuck to the main path by the dunes, after driving 150 miles the girlfriend (and myself I must admit) didn't much fancy a 1 mile trek out to the banks, if we had managed to get up there earlier we probably would've attempted it... but we're damn sure doing it next year now that we know what to expect.

We really enjoyed our first experience there and were both surprised with just how close we were able to get to the seals, and the photo oppertunities you had of them from the path, just a shame that we didn't get to meet up with the rest of you, we hung around for a while but I guess you guys were having too much fun on the banks to come in!! :D

Just a quick thanks to you Matt for posting this in the first place, I probably wouldn't have found out about this otherwise and just seeing my better half enjoy it so much was more than enough for me, cheers mate :thumb:

Back