Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Thanks Matthew.
It does look nice in the canvas, and is another reminder of how enjoyable the lofoten trip was even though it was extremely cold standing there shooting :p

I have been reviewing a couple of canvas printing companies - but I have to admit, the product I got from Trade Canvas was second to none. The blacks were BLACK. Sharp as hell and built really well.

I am really impressed. Another product I can add to my product line up. Thanks guys!

Hi all,

Thanks again for some great feedback.

Also just to mention we have noticed a few forum members orders have been coming through with no discount code. Remember to enter your exclusive discount code TPF10 on all your orders for life :)

Thanks Ben

I recently encountered a glitch trying to upload two images to the website. I randomly experimented with uploading others and they worked fine but there was obviously something wrong with the two I actually wanted to upload. Ben spent ages on the phone sorting everything for me.

I originally heard of Trade Canvas Print on here and came back to say how impressed I am with their service only to find this thread.

I arranged with Ben for 'white label delivery', in which the canvases go direct to client, thus saving me postage costs.

My client's feedback was: 'They are spot on, Rob. Superb.'

Nuff sed.

My only complaint: Just wish I could have seen them!

Hi all,

Thanks again for some great feedback.

Also just to mention we have noticed a few forum members orders have been coming through with no discount code. Remember to enter your exclusive discount code TPF10 on all your orders for life :)

Thanks Ben

now you tell me lol.

hey ben, ive just signed up to be a trade member.. just waiting on being approved :) ... need a new supplier as being let down by current one on a regular basis..

liking the sound of the white label delivery, any chance i could get some prices just i need to get some prices to customers but need to adjust my price list :)

hey ben, ive just signed up to be a trade member.. just waiting on being approved :) ... need a new supplier as being let down by current one on a regular basis..

liking the sound of the white label delivery, any chance i could get some prices just i need to get some prices to customers but need to adjust my price list :)

Hi Andrew,

Your account should be live now, it activates straight away, simply go to the login page and enter your login details :
http://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk/login.php

If you have any problems just email me on info@tradecanvasprint.co.uk and I'll sort it out. As for the 'white label' service, its really simple to use, on checking out just go to the option deliver to another address and enter your clients details, this then triggers the 'white label' service and your parcel will then get delivered direct to your client with absolutely no way of tracking it back to us. On the shipping label that is stuck onto the box your name is printed as the contact and it has your phone number on. We do not send any branding etc in with any of our canvases but if you do not select another address or ask for white label then our name does appear in very small print on the shipping label as the sender, this is removed with 'white label' service. It costs the same as normal shipping, £7.95, this is a next day delivery service and is fully tracked. Your normally emailed all the tracking details the day of, or night before despatch. Hope this helps!! Of you need questions answered abit quicker email or call us..... Ask for me and I'll answer any queries you may have..... That goes for anyone who wants to contact us...... Just ask away, I'm here to help!!

Thanks Ben

Hi All,

Just to let you all know, we will be closed for a total of 3 working days next week, 18th, 19th and the 22nd of July, we're having all our printers services as well as taking delivery of a new printer. We will be in to answer the phones on thursday and Monday, but not Friday. Orders will be processed Monday and orders shipped over the remainder of the week. Contact us if you have any queries on turn round as this will disrupt our normally fast turn round.

Thanks Ben

Hi Ben - Im just starting to take orders for some of my own photos for the first time ever, opened an account now online and will be placing first order shortly to use as a sample to show people - are there any special offers on at the moment

thanks Andrew

ps - saw there was a discount referred to for first order but that didn't come up in the checkout

Last edited:
I have 3 Photos I need putting onto canvas for an exhibition in an art gallery can anyone tell me if these canvases are gallery standard?

I have 3 Photos I need putting onto canvas for an exhibition in an art gallery can anyone tell me if these canvases are gallery standard?

They're certainly exceptionally good that I can attest to as I'm looking at one across the other side of the room right now ;)

They're certainly exceptionally good that I can attest to as I'm looking at one across the other side of the room right now ;)

Snap!

product_canvas1.jpg

Thanks MWHCVT I have placed my order but will not actually see them until I get back from Holiday. Hopefully they will be hanging on the walls of Obsidian Art Gallery in there 'Dogs & Cats' Exhibition to raise funds for Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.

Thanks MWHCVT I have placed my order but will not actually see them until I get back from Holiday. Hopefully they will be hanging on the walls of Obsidian Art Gallery in there 'Dogs & Cats' Exhibition to raise funds for Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.

I'm sure they'll look great and hopefully raise some good money

Hi looking to make my first order, just wondering if you hand a centre pole down the nibble of your canvases and do the come with backboard?

I've used suppliers in the past the include both these, so what am trying to say when they are on the wall and if u tapped the middle of the canvas it out be hard, it's just I sold one of these to a customer few years ago and they came back for another shoot and looking another one!

Hope you can help

Thanks
Ali

The smaller canvases I've had did not have a centre support, but the large ones do. They don't have a backboard either.

Hi looking to make my first order, just wondering if you hand a centre pole down the nibble of your canvases and do the come with backboard?

I've used suppliers in the past the include both these, so what am trying to say when they are on the wall and if u tapped the middle of the canvas it out be hard, it's just I sold one of these to a customer few years ago and they came back for another shoot and looking another one!

Hope you can help

Thanks
Ali

Hi Ali,

I think you sent us over an email too, which I've replied back to. But if you didn't get the reply for whatever reason, here's the answe. We do use centre bars over a certain size canvas but not back boards, the back boards are usually only used when the wood used for the frames is substandard and doesn't have enough strength to support a tight canvas, like when cheap MDF is used for frames. So a back board is placed behind the canvas to strengthen the frame and make the canvas stable. When we frame we use quality European pine wood frame with tensioners and we pull the canvas 'drum' tight, the frames are very strong and with the taught canvas we have no need for a back board. Hope this helps but do get back in touch via here or email. ( email will be answered faster as we try and check the forum daily but sometimes its not possible )

Thanks Ben

Last edited:
Ben - I have just received my first canvas by your good selves, thanks very much it is absolutely superb. the quality is top draw.

Thanks also for your advice about the wrap, your suggestion works brilliantly.

Many Thanks
Bob

Just got my first canvas from these guys and I'm very pleased with the results

Nice quality, nice detail and accurate colour rendition

Mega fast turnaround as well, ordered on Tuesday and delivered to my home at 11am Thursday!

I will definitely be using them again for my next print/canvas (y)

Hi Ben, just registered with a view to possibly getting some logos printed to stick on A frames (local planning rules don't allow wall mounted "shingles" etc, although blue plaques to commemorate the fact that Joe Blogs MBE stayed here for 2 nights seem to be OK...). Is it possible to have matt/satin paper prints laminated and if so, how weather resistant are they? How much would it add to the cost of (say) a 24" square print?

Also plan to use you for a couple of my own prints - just need to decide which to get done on canvas!

Hi Ben,

Just dropped you an e-mail about getting a sample canvas.

Might sound a bit of a silly question but what size border would you recommend leaving so that part of the image doesn't disappear when the canvas is stretched around the frame?

Thanks
Francesca

Hi All,

Thanks to Nick and Bob for the great feedback. Look forward to working for you again soon.

'Nod' I wouldn't recommend putting laminated Matt or satin paper outdoors it just wouldn't last, the lamination we do is one sided, rather than double sided this is more often than not called encapsulation. I'd recommend a vinyl based print instead produced on solvent or uv printers. As for canvas prints when you choose your photos then get in touch : )

Hi Fran,
I'll email you properly when I'm back in work Monday with regards to a sample. As for the borders/wrap you'll need to add 4" extra to you crop. Which equates to 2" on top, 2" on the bottom and 2" left and right. So if you wanted a 16" x 12" canvas with image wrap you need to supply it 20"x 16" or you can just send us the photo and we can size it for you and then we can email you over a proof. Hope this helps.

Also calling on all TPF members we're currently gathering ideas for a planned update of our website, the main body of the site will remain the same, but we are looking to incorporate new border and size previews, showing the borders you choose in real time previews as well as sizing previews showing you how the sizes you choose effect the crop of your photos, we're looking at doing a 360 degree quality preview, new postage options on non urgent orders, new paper types for fine art printing..... Plus a few more things so WE NEED YIUR HELP! We want your ideas....... Anything that may help improve your over all experience when ordering with us, browsing looking for information etc. Ideas on improving our site, whether it be text, pictures, new pages, literally anything you may think will help us help you!! You can email your ideas directly to me at benfecci@tradecanvasprint.co.uk or post them here in this thread. Anyone that provides us with ideas will go into the 'hat' for a prize draw to win a 30"x20" canvas including postage for free...... Depending on the amount of people who help us we may also do a few smaller canvas prizes 2nd 3rd and 4th !! So come on fellow TPF members lend us your thinking power and help us build a site to be proud of : ) look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Ben

Thanks for the advice Ben - can you do vinyl prints using suitable inks or should I look locally?

Will be in touch when I decide what to get canvassed!

Thanks for your reply Ben. Will make sure I have a sufficient on my image when I order!

Will await your email re the sample canvas on Monday.

Hi All,

Thanks to Nick and Bob for the great feedback. Look forward to working for you again soon.

'Nod' I wouldn't recommend putting laminated Matt or satin paper outdoors it just wouldn't last, the lamination we do is one sided, rather than double sided this is more often than not called encapsulation. I'd recommend a vinyl based print instead produced on solvent or uv printers. As for canvas prints when you choose your photos then get in touch : )

Hi Fran,
I'll email you properly when I'm back in work Monday with regards to a sample. As for the borders/wrap you'll need to add 4" extra to you crop. Which equates to 2" on top, 2" on the bottom and 2" left and right. So if you wanted a 16" x 12" canvas with image wrap you need to supply it 20"x 16" or you can just send us the photo and we can size it for you and then we can email you over a proof. Hope this helps.

Also calling on all TPF members we're currently gathering ideas for a planned update of our website, the main body of the site will remain the same, but we are looking to incorporate new border and size previews, showing the borders you choose in real time previews as well as sizing previews showing you how the sizes you choose effect the crop of your photos, we're looking at doing a 360 degree quality preview, new postage options on non urgent orders, new paper types for fine art printing..... Plus a few more things so WE NEED YIUR HELP! We want your ideas....... Anything that may help improve your over all experience when ordering with us, browsing looking for information etc. Ideas on improving our site, whether it be text, pictures, new pages, literally anything you may think will help us help you!! You can email your ideas directly to me at benfecci@tradecanvasprint.co.uk or post them here in this thread. Anyone that provides us with ideas will go into the 'hat' for a prize draw to win a 30"x20" canvas including postage for free...... Depending on the amount of people who help us we may also do a few smaller canvas prizes 2nd 3rd and 4th !! So come on fellow TPF members lend us your thinking power and help us build a site to be proud of : ) look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Ben

That sounds great. many thanks for the recent set of prints and canvas's... the brides were very happy.(y)

Another happy customer here too. Service was great, was struggling to allow for the extra overlay but a quick mock up was done and approved, excellent service and quality.

The discount didn't seem to work though Ben on check out but no worries will try next time.

Another happy customer here too. Service was great, was struggling to allow for the extra overlay but a quick mock up was done and approved, excellent service and quality.

The discount didn't seem to work though Ben on check out but no worries will try next time.

Hi Kris,

Glad your pleased with your order, the discount code is TPF10, email me your order number and I'll sort a 10% refund out.

Also some news

We are now using Parcel Force as our preferred couriers due to there updated tracking system (Which is better then the APC one was) You will now get an e mail from Parcel Force with tracking details, plus a SMS text with delivery options and an hour time slot. If we do not have your mobile number on the database then please put it in the message box for the time being as we will be doing a site update as I mentioned before, once the upate of the site is complete you will be able to access your order details, profile etc and change details i.e new addresses phone numbers etc yourself.

Thanks Ben

Recent colour 60 x 18 inch panoramas printed and came out stunning. My many orders have been faultless. I'd never buy a canvas from anywhere else...

Hi Ben,

Just wanted to say thank you for the sample canvas you did for me, it's superb and of fantastic quality. I will definitely be ordering all my canvases through you! Another very pleased customer.

I never had a photo printed on canvas before...in fact, I'd say I was quite skeptical and dubious of canvas prints in general. The main worry being that the image could never be sharp as an enlarged print and would lose all its impact.

I'd read the many posts on this thread and decided to give TCP a call. Ben answered the call and we must have discussed this subject for a good 20-30 minutes, after which I was sufficiently reassured to give Trade Canvas Print a try with one of my images.

I received the final product yesterday and was extremely happy with the way it had been transferred to canvas.

The above is just a summary of what happened, but I really wanted to make this post for those who were thinking of having something done on canvas but weren't sure if the medium would do it justice, or for those who don't believe canvas is good enough for enlargements.

First of all, Ben is a credit to the company. I have to emphasize this because we all deal with various companies and customer services but nothing is too much trouble for Ben. He not only has the expertise associated with the industry, but is happy to spend as long as it takes to answer any questions.

Secondly, the quality of the product is superb. The construction, attention to detail, and technologies used will ensure the longevity of the product for years to come (actually 200 years!).

But the main thing is that it actually looks good. Very good. I'm not willing to compromise on something like this and I certainly wasn't disappointed with the final product.

So, if you still don't believe your prints will look good on canvas or if you're wondering if canvas can/will do them justice, from my point of view anyway, the answer is definitely yes.

Below is a pic of the canvas, printed at 24 x 16 inches.

Back