Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Hi Everyone,

We've something a little different for you........

Would you like to become a Trade Canvas Print partner?

We're on the look out for a selection of stunning images that we can use in our new paper sample pack. In exchange we're offering 8 photographers (and artists) the opportunity to earn £50 credit that you can enjoy spending on any products available at our online store.

If you'd like to hear more and get involved, we'd love to hear from you! Either comment you're interested by replying to this thread, or DM, or email us on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk and we can get started!

Thanks Ben

Hi Everyone,

We've something a little different for you........

Would you like to become a Trade Canvas Print partner?

We're on the look out for a selection of stunning images that we can use in our new paper sample pack. In exchange we're offering 8 photographers (and artists) the opportunity to earn £50 credit that you can enjoy spending on any products available at our online store.

If you'd like to hear more and get involved, we'd love to hear from you! Either comment you're interested by replying to this thread, or DM, or email us on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk and we can get started!

Thanks Ben
Interested :)

DSC02917.JPG

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for those who have sent emails and images in for our new paper and canvas sample pack, we couldn't believe the interest!

We've now chosen the images for the first batch of sample packs and we will be producing more packs with new images in 6 months or so, so you may get an email from us when we choose a new batch of images.

So for now we'd like to offer our new samples packs out to TP members, the packs are free, just email us on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk with the subject line 'Sample Pack' we need your name and address and we'll get the packs sent out to you.

Thanks Ben

Interested as well if it's still ongoing

Ben, you made a fabulous canvas of my late father and you deserve all the accolades I have seen on here.

Happy to share any of my images for your next sample consideration. Best of luck.

Very interested in finding this as we need to get a few more pictures up in our place and this could be just the ticket!

Are there any rules of thumb regarding image size to convas size to keep a nice crisp print?

Very interested in finding this as we need to get a few more pictures up in our place and this could be just the ticket!

Are there any rules of thumb regarding image size to convas size to keep a nice crisp print?
The FaQs are there to read. ;)

I have been delighted with the canvasses I have printed.........and sold a few of them.......next exhibition is the end of July. Planning on getting a couple more done to refresh the display.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We’ve some exciting new projects lined up for the up and coming months. The largest of which is going to be our new website.

As TPF has been such an amazing place for me to come and ask members questions, I wanted to ask if anybody had any feedback, suggestions, ideas and improvements on what they’d like to see in our new site?

Drop me a message, comment here or an email to ben@tradecanvasprint.co.uk

Lastly we’ve started to use Trustpilot it’s a great way for us to engage with our clients. If you have the time we’d really value your review.

Trustpilot - Review us here

As always thank you, and have a great weekend all.

Take care, Ben.

Hi everyone,

We’ve some exciting new projects lined up for the up and coming months. The largest of which is going to be our new website.

As TPF has been such an amazing place for me to come and ask members questions, I wanted to ask if anybody had any feedback, suggestions, ideas and improvements on what they’d like to see in our new site?

Drop me a message, comment here or an email to ben@tradecanvasprint.co.uk

Lastly we’ve started to use Trustpilot it’s a great way for us to engage with our clients. If you have the time we’d really value your review.

Trustpilot - Review us here

As always thank you, and have a great weekend all.

Take care, Ben.

Good news indeed.

Stop using trustpilot I have never trusted them, there must be a better review site.

Hi all,
Here’s our current list of papers -

• Pearl 290gsm
  • Matt Ultra 240gsm
  • Platinum Baryta 300gsm
  • NST Bright White 315gsm
  • Matt Soft Texture 300gsm
  • Matt Natural Texture 300gsm
Would anyone recommend any other papers? Does anyone still use gloss or metallic?

Cheers Ben
I know a few people who print their own use use a metallic paper to great effect on B&W photos.

Something that I would be interested in (but might only be me!) is the option for a sample pack where one of your own photos is printed on each of the paper types. The prints wouldn't need to be big, perhaps 6x9 or at most 8x12. Even if you bought a sample pack from Fotospeed, they tend to only have specific types of paper and not a wide range as you have selected. You then have the issues of setting up the icc profiles etc., and with maybe only one sheet in the sample pack, you have to guess the settings for brightness, contrast etc so you might not get the best out of the sample.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I know a few people who print their own use use a metallic paper to great effect on B&W photos.

Something that I would be interested in (but might only be me!) is the option for a sample pack where one of your own photos is printed on each of the paper types. The prints wouldn't need to be big, perhaps 6x9 or at most 8x12. Even if you bought a sample pack from Fotospeed, they tend to only have specific types of paper and not a wide range as you have selected. You then have the issues of setting up the icc profiles etc., and with maybe only one sheet in the sample pack, you have to guess the settings for brightness, contrast etc so you might not get the best out of the sample.
Thanks for your input John, custom paper sample packs is a great idea!

With our normal turn around being same or next day would this be something clients would be prepared to wait a little longer for us to turnaround, say 3 days? Just thinking ahead our papers range from 36in to 44in wide so we'd need to work the samples in with our daily print orders to save paper wastage especially as the samples would be approx 7in x 5in or a little larger.

Thanks for your input John, custom paper sample packs is a great idea!

With our normal turn around being same or next day would this be something clients would be prepared to wait a little longer for us to turnaround, say 3 days? Just thinking ahead our papers range from 36in to 44in wide so we'd need to work the samples in with our daily print orders to save paper wastage especially as the samples would be approx 7in x 5in or a little larger.
Even a week to 10 days would be fine (for me anyway) to receive a sample pack, as I understand you wouldn't always be using each type of paper every day. Note it's not something I would order regularly, maybe once a year at most so it's unlikely to be a best seller for you. I'd likely order a couple initially, one using a colour image and one using a B&W image.

I've just received my first print from Trade Canvas Print - delivered early today Monday after having ordered it on Friday. Superb result, better than I expected given it was a grainy B&W film shot slightly post-processed. And so quick. Big thumbs-up from me.

I've just received my first print from Trade Canvas Print - delivered early today Monday after having ordered it on Friday. Superb result, better than I expected given it was a grainy B&W film shot slightly post-processed. And so quick. Big thumbs-up from me.
What! you have only just used their service and seen the great quality of their products.... ;)

I've known about it from everyone else's comments and images of images, but not really had anything I felt worthy of printing until now. Mrs P loves it and wants to trawl my archive now for more to print!

xmas2023webheader.png

CHRISTMAS ORDERING DEADLINES 2023 – SAVE THE DATES​

We want you to have a stress-free festive season.

Canvases & Prints – Order Online by Monday 18th December for Christmas Delivery (UK Mainland)

Canvases & Prints – Last Order Date for Northern Ireland Friday 15th December.

Orders Placed after these dates may not arrive before Christmas.

Last Shipping Date Wednesday 20th December (Any orders placed after 18th Dec are not guaranteed for Christmas Delivery)

Last Studio Collection Date Wednesday 20th December (5pm)

Studio Closed Friday 22nd December (we will be available via email until midday, on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk) – Re-open January 4th 2024 (emails will be monitored from time to time for enquiries or issues)

IMPORTANT - Please note we cannot be held responsible for clients not being in when deliveries are attempted and then missed. If people are placing orders, we expect them to make every effort to be in for the delivery to take place.

Thanks as always, have a great stress- free Christmas and enjoy the festivities.

Ben, Michelle & The Trade Canvas Team.

Hi all,

Check out our video here

We need your help! Time to dust off your cameras and send us your awesome images!

Our new sample pack is launching soon and we’d like your help, your input, and most of all your images! We’ll be offering people free prints and a £50 voucher for images chosen to go into the new sample pack

DM us, text us, email us…… send your images and your details in and we’ll be back in touch once we’ve viewed everything.

Thanks Ben

Back