Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Trade Canvas Prints (1).jpgTrade Canvas Prints (2).jpg
I can't overstate how pleased I am with the framed canvases I ordered and received from Trade Canvas Print.
I ordered two 2 feet x 4 feet canvases on Tuesday at just before 1pm, they arrived this morning (Thursday) at 9.40 am.
They are already up on the wall and look great. First time having my photos printed in this way, but I'll be doing more and using this company again.

That looks brilliant. I quite like ICM shots anyway, not that I have ever taken any I like, but seeing them at that scale must make them work as they should.
Thanks Simon. I was lucky with the light that day but it's one of my favourite images- hence the printing- nice not to blow it up and not worry about whether it's sharp from front to back and edge to edge :):)

I also had half a dozen images made into 2000 piece jigsaws for family members at the start of lockdown- all quite challenging and a jigsaw of this one went to my wife's sister- who's still trying to finish it. 18 months on- good value in terms of bang for buck.

I just want to report in on the service I just received from Trade Canvas Print.

I placed an order online on Sunday night and explained that it was needed quite urgently. On Monday morning first thing I got an email from them clarifying what I needed as I had entered conflicting information in the free text field. I thanked them for spotting it because I had ordered the wrong thing in my rush and after confirming what I needed they set right to it.

The image arrived this morning and is so much better than I could have hoped for. It was packed to survive the roughest of handling too.

The communication was terrific, the speed with which they responded exceptional, the product faultless and the price I consider to be amazing value.

So as you can probably guess, I highly recommend the Trade Canvas Print company.

If you are reading this, Ben/Adam: thank you!

Fantastic experience. Ordered 3 canvases on Sunday morning and they arrived this morning (Tuesday).
They look great and seemingly very well put together and printed.
Will be ordering more soon!

I ordered two 36 inch canvases prints at the weekend and had delay the deliver until Wednesday (through DPD) which happened as requested.
Both prints look great as expected.

Attachments

• 20211028_181727.jpg
    20211028_181727.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Just placed and order based on this thread, it will be be my first ever canvas print ..... I just have to wait now......:cool:

@JayceeC You won't be dissapointed :)

Gaz

From the posts of the canvas' on here I don't think I will be.

I just got an e-mail which says delivery on Monday .... :)

Well that was quick, and the picture looks excellent, thanks Ben.

Ordered Friday afternoon, received an e-mail for delivery Monday, got it Saturday. :)

Last edited:
Hi

where to do I find the discount code?
It was TPF10. I've only just found this out by reading through the very start of the thread.
However it appears not to work any more even though it says in those old posts it's for life. I'll keep reading too see if it changed

Be nice if it did work considering I've ordered about nine 30x20 canvases since November and have another six or so potentially for this month

Hi all

I am considering get a canvas made (previously only bought prints from TCP) but wonder of the two sizes which have you guys been buying, the 20mm or the 38mm???

Plus edge finish(es) did you select?

TIA for any insights :)

Last edited:
Hi all

I am considering get a canvas made (previously only bought prints from TCP) but wonder of the two sizes which have you guys been buying, the 20mm or the 38mm???

Plus edge finish(es) did you select?

TIA for any insights :)
I have three done so far, 2 x 500mm x 200mm and 200mm x 200mm all three 20mm and either wrap or mirrored edge, wrap being my preferred edge but couldn't do it on one of the pics so I went with mirrored.

I have three done so far, 2 x 500mm x 200mm and 200mm x 200mm all three 20mm and either wrap or mirrored edge, wrap being my preferred edge but couldn't do it on one of the pics so I went with mirrored.
Thanks for the reply and insights :)

One other question, what is the surface finish like....as in how textured and as such the impact/effect on the 'sharpness' of the finer details (which I can surmise are softened) ?

Thanks for the reply and insights :)

One other question, what is the surface finish like....as in how textured and as such the impact/effect on the 'sharpness' of the finer details (which I can surmise are softened) ?
The surface is fairly smooth not heavily textured, as you can see from the pictures posted here they come out very nicely.

I finally took a photo I thought was worth putting on to a large canvas (36" X 24"). Ordered on Monday, arrived on Wednesday. I'm really pleased with the result, and the excellent service from TCP!

Attachments

• Marbled White canvas.jpg
    Marbled White canvas.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 22
Just received three more prints from Ben which are excellent, what I did like however, was that I messed up the alignment of the main subject in one of the pics, Ben emailed with a screen shot of what I had ordered and thought it didn't look right and would I just check and let him know before printing.

Adjustment made and the three pics are hanging on my mother in laws wall, very pleased lady.

Thanks Ben

Hi all,

Really nice reading through your comments and looking at your canvas images, any questions about canvases or prints just ask on here or email me directly on ben@tradecanvasprint.co.uk as we’re always available to help with advice etc.

As always we appreciate the forum members support and have a discount code of 10% as a thank you to all you wonderful people. Use tp10 when ordering, there’s no limit to the code (unlike some specials we do from time to time) so whether it’s canvas, prints or both your ordering be sure to use it.

Lastly we’ve just started sending out some monthly news emails again, getting time to send these is hard but we do try (so you won’t be spammed by tons of mail if you signup)

See our latest one here -
Trade Canvas News - Prints 10% off

Thanks Ben

Facebook.jpeg

It's that time of year again!

CHRISTMAS 2022 ORDERING DEADLINES​

Order Online by December 20th for Delivery in time for Christmas

Orders Placed after this may not arrive before Christmas

Last Shipping Date December 22nd

Last Studio Collection Date December 22nd

Closed From December 23rd - Re-open January 4th 2023

As always remember your 10% discount for forum members TP10

Thanks Ben

Hi All,

I wondered if the TPF members could help us a little?

We're looking at some exciting updates to our website and one of the good things about this is we can add some new paper choices to the site, so what we wondered is -

What's your top 3 favourite papers to print on? (Tell us the brand and paper type)

As a thanks we'll choose 3 TPF members who reply to this post and send them some free prints of their work.

Thanks as always Ben.

Hi Ben

Prior to using your services I previously had prints made on Hahnemuhle Pearl (I think it is/was 275gsm) and recall that being IMO a very pleasing surface & finish.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I wondered if the TPF members could help us a little?

We're looking at some exciting updates to our website and one of the good things about this is we can add some new paper choices to the site, so what we wondered is -

What's your top 3 favourite papers to print on? (Tell us the brand and paper type)

As a thanks we'll choose 3 TPF members who reply to this post and send them some free prints of their work.

Thanks as always Ben.

Hi Ben,

IMO you need fotospeed. All over instagram at the minute, massive names like Nigel Danson promoting them constantly. If you want to bring in additional sales, I think fotospeed would be a really strong selling point.

I would personally go with Fotospeed NST bright white, had a print on it and it was stunning.

Don't really have two other favourites I'm afraid.

Thanks

Thanks @TGphoto appreciate your reply. We already use Fotospeed for our papers, they’re superb.

I guess what we’re looking for is any recommendations on papers, are we missing a paper type from Fotospeed, or another brand that photographers really love. NST Bright White is a great call and is on our list to start selling.

Thanks again! Ben

I'm currently printing lots on Marrutt's 300gsm Ultra Pearlescent white.

300gsm Ultra Pearlescent Hi-White Paper

It has a nice satin finish and works well with both mono and colour images and is reasonably priced compared to other similar papers.

Many of my images use strong colours and have high contrast and some of the other papers I have tried have needed more work prior to printing to get them closer to what I see on screen.

Next on my "to try" list is the new Permajet Heritage Baryta Rag 310: https://www.permajet.com/product/baryta-rag-310/

I'm currently printing lots on Marrutt's 300gsm Ultra Pearlescent white.

300gsm Ultra Pearlescent Hi-White Paper

It has a nice satin finish and works well with both mono and colour images and is reasonably priced compared to other similar papers.

Many of my images use strong colours and have high contrast and some of the other papers I have tried have needed more work prior to printing to get them closer to what I see on screen.

Next on my "to try" list is the new Permajet Heritage Baryta Rag 310: https://www.permajet.com/product/baryta-rag-310/

Thanks for this John, we've never used Marrutt's papers but have been told of them. We have had meetings with Permajet in the past few weeks and their new papers from their Heritage Range looks great! The Baryta Rag 310 is exceptional, I can see that becoming ng a favourite amongst photographers.

Morning All,

A few weeks ago I mentioned we'd be giving away some free prints to forum members who helped with our question about popular papers. So a big thanks to @Box Brownie @TGphoto and @JohnStewart for contributing, if you email me on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk and myself and the team will sort you out some free prints.

Thanks Ben

Morning All,

A few weeks ago I mentioned we'd be giving away some free prints to forum members who helped with our question about popular papers. So a big thanks to @Box Brownie @TGphoto and @JohnStewart for contributing, if you email me on studio@tradecanvasprint.co.uk and myself and the team will sort you out some free prints.

Thanks Ben

Thank you very much, will send an email across.

I've been wracking my brains about another fotospeed paper I had a print on, and I'm 90% sure it was Fotospeed Smooth Cotton 300. It was a really nice print and great paper.

Back