Trading in a D3 for D3X

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys,

Do any of the retailers take TRADE IN's for new bodies? Looking to get a D3X and would rather punt my D3 for it. It's a lovely bit of kit, but a complete banger! :)

Gary.

Guys,

Do any of the retailers take TRADE IN's for new bodies? Looking to get a D3X and would rather punt my D3 for it. It's a lovely bit of kit, but a complete banger! :)

Gary.

Might not be an issue for you but wouldn't you get more in a private sale?

Gary

Grays of Westminster take in items as Part Ex, might be worth ringing them to work out a deal, and I think Camera World in wells street london have started doing that as well.

Nigel

Gary

Grays of Westminster take in items as Part Ex, might be worth ringing them to work out a deal, and I think Camera World in wells street london have started doing that as well.

Nigel

"At Grays of Westminster we are very keen to buy your mint or near mint examples of the following Nikon equipment"

oooops :D

Would it be an option for the camera to take a little trip to Kingston on Thames for a wee spar visit before you do the deal.

Find out how much a cosmetic tickle would cost.

Nigel

Why not just sell it on here used. So long as you are honest about the condition (and I know you will be) and it's priced correctly to reflect this it should sell. Is worth a try and it costs nothing to have a go.

look, even I would baulk at buying Gary's camera, last time I looked at it and I use that term advisedly look AT it because you could barely see through the viewfinder it was so minging!

I'm sure with a bit of TLC it could be made to look a lot better though, it'll only be superficial :) get the Cillit Bang out Gary! :)

I'm sure if it qas a good price, it'd be a LOT easier to sell on here. I bet it'd go with the hour if it was a good price... :naughty:

Grrrrrr! Paws Off My HASSY! :)

I so need a CMV back for that!

When you say seriously abused = how bad gary?

I do have a reason for asking.....

OK. If a MINT BRAND NEW D3 is Kate from Lost.... mines is SLOTH from the Goonies....on a bad day, after he has been hit by a truck, eaten by a rodent, and sh@t back out on the side of the road.

Gary.

OK. If a MINT BRAND NEW D3 is Kate from Lost.... mines is SLOTH from the Goonies....on a bad day, after he has been hit by a truck, eaten by a rodent, and sh@t back out on the side of the road.

Gary.

Now I am interested... you have got to put up a pic.... or would that fracture the sensor of what ever camera took the pic....

I know you like to use your gear, but did you have to take it pot holing as well...

Well, strangely enough i am toying with losing the D3x at the moment and going back to a D3 as my second body.

I've put it up for sale in the for sale forum - but I think i ended up archiving it as there was not much interest. I don't use it much at the moment as the D3s suits what i do better, and it's an awful lot of camera for the price.

If a MINT BRAND NEW D3 is Kate from Lost.... mines is SLOTH from the Goonies....on a bad day, after he has been hit by a truck, eaten by a rodent, and **** back out on the side of the road.

If you don't mind me asking, what have you been doing with it?

Just to clarify to ensure I am not kicked in the balls for breaking any rules...the camera will NOT be sold via TPF. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that one of you guys had taken my undercared for stuff. Still takes an awesome photo, and I love it, it's part of my anatomy (even more reason to not touch it with a bargepole!)....

I would happily use it as collateral for a D3X, and whilst I want a digi blad, not at the expense of all my Nikon glass.

G.

If you don't mind me asking, what have you been doing with it?

I just used it every single day for well over a year, extensively...it's never really left my side, I have been to every beach imaginable up my way, hills, muddy fields, been out in the pouring rain with it, had it on holiday abroad, just really had it everywhere. I am not one for packing my stuff away either, I like it close at hand, I always fart about with it in one way or another...

It's a cool tool not an china doll :D

G.

Well, strangely enough i am toying with losing the D3x at the moment and going back to a D3 as my second body.

I've put it up for sale in the for sale forum - but I think i ended up archiving it as there was not much interest. I don't use it much at the moment as the D3s suits what i do better, and it's an awful lot of camera for the price.

For the avoidance of doubt, I would only consider a new body from either C or J...

Nothing against you personally, I just try and buy new.

G.

For the avoidance of doubt, I would only consider a new body from either C or J...

Nothing against you personally, I just try and buy new.

G.

No probs, as I said, only toying with it at the moment. The files are fantastic from it, and I can get away with it being the second body for a lot of what i do anyway.

I know nobody's breaking the rules, but it's getting close guys ;)

tbh Gary your depriving someone from a cheap step in to the world of excellence, if it was sold as working but rubbish condition and ask for a fair price, which lets face it the trade in price will be very low if you get one at all, then someone, me included, would love to get a camera like that at a silly price.

I know this isn't exactly close to where you're at; but the camera store in Swansea (Wales) do part exchange. I've dealt with them loads, and they do make some very good offers.

If you're interested I can PM you their details. Mind, I have no idea what they'd offer given the state you're describing this little member of your poor anatomy!

Have you got a London Camera Exchange in Edinburgh?

I really do suggest you stick it on here, I mean as has been said, you can be honest and supply photos, so I don't quite see what's bothering you. :thinking:

I really do suggest you stick it on here, I mean as has been said, you can be honest and supply photos, so I don't quite see what's bothering you. :thinking:

Don't like mucking people around. I am only half commited, and I always chop and change my mind. It's not fair on you guys. Again, I am very concious of the rules so I want to reconfirm it will NOT be sold on these forums, either in private or otherwise :cool:

Gary.

Back