Traigh Lar Beach

It's lovely. Harris is on my list of places to visit and this just adds to the plus points. I think a bit of lightening of the foreground might help and cloning out the darker sections in the mid- hope you dont mind the comments.
Is this a sunrise or sunset?

Love the colours and the sweeping movement, but as mentioned looks a bit under exposed.
I'm hoping for some of that colour in Sept when I go there.

My first thought was in line with Jim and Paul, but viewing it large on Flickr it doesn't look underexposed at all. The composition is really good and that foreground rock makes a real difference.

Nice image. I like the composition but would have preferred the rock a little to the right. A few steps right would have achieved a slightly better balance.I feel it is slightly under exposed, by 0.5ev if that. Otherwise, perfect.

Very Nice! I like the colours in this image. The hills look under exposed on my phone but when viewed on my PC which obviously is much larger it looks better.
I am a bit of a fan of these kind of images. :plus1:

Last edited:
It's lovely. Harris is on my list of places to visit and this just adds to the plus points. I think a bit of lightening of the foreground might help and cloning out the darker sections in the mid- hope you dont mind the comments.
Is this a sunrise or sunset?

Thanks Jim not at all the more critique the better, I was/am very undecided about whether to lighten parts of the image.

Love the colours and the sweeping movement, but as mentioned looks a bit under exposed.
I'm hoping for some of that colour in Sept when I go there.

Thanks Paul, its a stunning place when with the swmbo so didn't get many chance for photography but would love to spend time there for just photography.

My first thought was in line with Jim and Paul, but viewing it large on Flickr it doesn't look underexposed at all. The composition is really good and that foreground rock makes a real difference.

Thanks Peter.

Nice image. I like the composition but would have preferred the rock a little to the right. A few steps right would have achieved a slightly better balance.I feel it is slightly under exposed, by 0.5ev if that. Otherwise, perfect.

Cheers Steve it was a bit of a rushed shot just finished a late dinner and it was mad dash to find a fairly decent composition so didn't spend the time I normally would.

Very Nice! I like the colours in this image. The hills look under exposed on my phone but when viewed on my PC which obviously is much larger it looks better.
I am a bit of a fan of these kind of images. :plus1:

Thanks Cliff.

Me too.
Technically or artistically, I see no flaw in this rendition.

Cheers Kodiak.

On your way to Glen Affric?!

Lovely scene, the colours are wonderful, as already noted a brighter exposure could have been used, but this slightly more silhouette approach works too. My only comment would be less of the dead space RHS and more of the fiery sky perhaps?

On your way to Glen Affric?!

Lovely scene, the colours are wonderful, as already noted a brighter exposure could have been used, but this slightly more silhouette approach works too. My only comment would be less of the dead space RHS and more of the fiery sky perhaps?

Thanks Craig yes it was just taking the long way round :) Didn't get to do as much photography as I had hoped. I have re-worked this image quite a few times now still not sure which works best

I like this Graham, i think there is such a temptation to pull the image around and take it away from how the light actually was. Which i guess we have all done at some stage!
This is nice, it has a natural feel to it serene and calming. Love the little golden red catch lights in the rock and the sunset colours picking up in the wet sand.
Nice work Graham

I like this Graham, i think there is such a temptation to pull the image around and take it away from how the light actually was. Which i guess we have all done at some stage!
This is nice, it has a natural feel to it serene and calming. Love the little golden red catch lights in the rock and the sunset colours picking up in the wet sand.
Nice work Graham

Thanks Steve done a lot of that of myself.

Back