Trail Cam Stolen and Hide Trashed. WHY????

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Have a two man tent like hide in a private woodland and last week when we went to fill up the feeders the hide had been tipped over, the two chairs gone, trail camera gone, seed bins laying out in the rain.
I lived in Greece for 14 years and came back just over a year ago, while there I was able to leave the car unlocked, a window open at the house and in 14 years never had a problem.
What is about the British culture that makes people want to steal a trail cam and two chairs from a hide? the chairs even had some repair tape on them from the resident woodland mouse damage so not thrones by any means.
Just utterly peed off right now.
Russ.

Put simply, because the b***dy scroats that do that sort wilful damage & theft have no respect for anything or anyone.

As for an answer...... nothing I would like to post publicly!

Last edited:
It will almost inevitably be kids who do it just because they can. There's never any reason for it. They are just monsters.

Sorry to here this Russell and I can understand how upset you are.

There are low life characters in many places who think(but that is probably a too generous assesment of their mental capacity) nothing of destroying somone else's property.

There are still many(the vast majority) of people who would never dream of such an act, but I appreciate this isn't foremost in your thoughts just now.

It has happened, try not to dwell on it too much.

Dave

We'll never end this sort of behaviour entirely but it would be nice to see such selfishness rewarded appropriately, when the perpetrators are caught.

Unfortunately, there is a queue of "do gooders", all ready to scold anyone who suggests practical measures to prevent repetition of such behaviour. Unsurprisingly, those same do gooders are nowhere to be seen when it comes to helping the victims of crime.

As I mentioned in one of Dales posts regarding trail cameras , nothing is safe anywhere . I have had a lot of access to private and patrolled land and I see people that shouldn`t be on it all the time . It really does help us to miss or try to make opportunities , I just don`t bother anymore . Even if you made a hide out of natural surroundings , I bet it would get eventually trashed . This county is without doubt over crowded , you can not go anywhere and guarantee you wont bump into somebody , and there are far to many scroats and ignorant stupid people as politely put amongst us , roaming the countryside these days .

Is nothing sacred? Sorry to hear about that- I'm about to set off to see if my hide ( on Private land) has been discovered after reading this - I have NO camera there but like you Chairs and bird food - and the pop hide of course :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Have a two man tent like hide in a private woodland and last week when we went to fill up the feeders the hide had been tipped over, the two chairs gone, trail camera gone, seed bins laying out in the rain.
I lived in Greece for 14 years and came back just over a year ago, while there I was able to leave the car unlocked, a window open at the house and in 14 years never had a problem.
What is about the British culture that makes people want to steal a trail cam and two chairs from a hide? the chairs even had some repair tape on them from the resident woodland mouse damage so not thrones by any means.
Just utterly peed off right now.
Russ.
Really sorry to hear this, sadly there is a part of human nature that in some people finds more pleasure in destruction than construction,.
As for being different in Greece, I think many 'continental' communities have been brought up around family and neighbours whereas that is not so much the case here.

Thankyou for the replies. As stated in many of them it is the society we live in this UK but onwards and upwards, hide repaired, new plastic chairs this time and a bike lock to pin them together when we are not there, no trail cam as cannot afford to keep replacing them and that is the bit that really pees us off as we have two Tawny Owls who fed of the pheasants we put out for Buzzards and of course only at night.
Thanks again for replies,
Russ.

Russ sorry to hear of your pain and loss.

I have also been in that position of approaching your hide and feeders to find everything destroyed even the perches and feeders stolen.

Even if the offenders had been caught nothing would have happened as these types of offenders have no morale ground and no respect for anything including themselves.
At least with the theft they are gaining something from the act. But what does anyone really gain from the vandalism NOTHING.

Bring back borstals for these parasites on society so at least they have something to fear if caught, they may think twice before committing to the offence.
But there again the snowflake society we are in currently will most likely provide a play station and a nice break away to rehabilitate them.

Anyway rant over, now where did I put my shotgun...................

It really grips my s***, I had one on private land, it was stolen but in stealing it they just ripped it out of the ground, leaving the ground stakes in place and ripping the material to get it out, a few of the guy strings were knotted to surrounding trees, they were burnt through and not even cut, purely by chance I took my trail cam down a few days before. I hope you find the culprit/s.

Bring back borstals for these parasites on society so at least they have something to fear if caught, they may think twice before committing to the offence.
But there again the snowflake society we are in currently will most likely provide a play station and a nice break away to rehabilitate them.

Anyway rant over, now where did I put my shotgun...................
Assuming that it was youths.

Yes, you've put your finger on the sore spot.

Few, if any, of the snowflakes know what they're talking about. I grew up with a lot of kids from troubled backgrounds and it was obvious which ones would take advice (the majority) and which ones only paid attention when you dropped a piano on them (the noisy minority). Guess which group the snowflakes wasted the most time on... :rolleyes:

Back