Transferring 'presets' from one PC to another for LR

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
I normally do my PP work at home.

Over the years, I've created my own profiles for the different lenses I own. i.e. it's already got the barrel distortion etc applied, but some lenses render colour differently so each has its own user-made profile.

None are perfect, but I use them as a starting point.

Occasionally, I'll do some PP at work (for things we've shot here) but when I open LR on this PC, it doesn't have any of those profiles stored - even if I save the LR Catalogue in a shared location and open the same file on the other PC. I thought it might in that instance.

How do I save them to transfer to another PC - and then how do I upload them at the other end.

btw - it's these things I'm talking about. User Presets.

1688655266622.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You can copy them to a flash drive or whatever and then paste them back into the relevant location on the other PC.

If you go into Preferences you should find a way to their location. I'm not at home or in front of a PC right now.....

Yes it would - thank you.

When I googled it, I looked at the text on some of the responses without actually clicking on the articles. Because a few had this phrase

"You cannot export built-in Lightroom Classic presets or preset groups."

I thought it was going to tell me it wasn't possible. but it then goes on to say:

You can export only custom presets.

That'll learn me.

Back