Treeman's 52 Week 4 Street added

Oooh, an action shot. Sod not liking it, that's awesome. Love it.

Thanks mate (y)

nice one Mark
excellent timing to catch the wood flying like that
take many attempts?

Actually this was the only the second log! I couldn't do many more as my wife thought I was just mucking about in order to make her do all the logs:LOL:

Cracking timing on that shot. Certainly nothing rubbish about it. Nice background, bits flying everywhere and imminent danger from incoming log debris. Very good (y)

Awesome action shot! Perfectly framed for motion.

Awesome Mark! (y)

Thanks folks, action is not normally my thing (in life and photography!) but I just opened up the lens, set the shutter speed to 5ooo th sec, put it on high speed and pressed shutter as my wife took a swing :)

Cor! I would not argue with your wife thats for sure! :LOL:

Hi Mark. Week 3 and I'm only just dropping in on your thread - sorry, but I'll catch up now.

Week 1: Lovely textures and colours and well-spotted in a 'boring' concrete fence. :)

Week 2: Wow this is awesome. A really powerful shot with a moving poem. I can't think of a single thing to improve on perfection. :clap::clap::clap:

Week 3: I'd be really pleased if I'd caught the action like that. Excellent, but not one I'm going to show Mr JG incase he thinks I should be chopping our logs. :LOL:

Looking forward to Week4, Mark.

Jean

Hi Mark,
Just catching up here, as I've missed your thread before! Week 1 - liking the curves and the moss in this, but would have liked to see it slightly less close-up.
Week 2 - FANTASTIC! Everything is perfect about this picture, there's nothing more to say than that. Beautiful :) :clap:
Week 3 - A nice action shot, I would have liked to see the axe bigger in the picture, perhaps just as it was hitting the log?

Looking forward to see next week :)

Hi Mark

Week 1 Curved - Amazing what a bit of B&W processing can do - I really like this version.
Week 2 Poems - Simply perfect!
Week 3 Chopped - Great action shot, love the splintered wood and the sense of force.

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Hi Mark. Week 3 and I'm only just dropping in on your thread - sorry, but I'll catch up now.

Week 1: Lovely textures and colours and well-spotted in a 'boring' concrete fence. :)

Week 2: Wow this is awesome. A really powerful shot with a moving poem. I can't think of a single thing to improve on perfection. :clap::clap::clap:

Week 3: I'd be really pleased if I'd caught the action like that. Excellent, but not one I'm going to show Mr JG incase he thinks I should be chopping our logs. :LOL:

Looking forward to Week4, Mark.

Jean

Thanks, I'm glad you like them so far! :)

Hi Mark,
Just catching up here, as I've missed your thread before! Week 1 - liking the curves and the moss in this, but would have liked to see it slightly less close-up.
Week 2 - FANTASTIC! Everything is perfect about this picture, there's nothing more to say than that. Beautiful :) :clap:
Week 3 - A nice action shot, I would have liked to see the axe bigger in the picture, perhaps just as it was hitting the log?

Looking forward to see next week :)

I did try with the axe more prominent, but it didn't have the logs flying apart that I liked in this shot. More time and effort on my part probably would have helped :)

Hi Mark

Week 1 Curved - Amazing what a bit of B&W processing can do - I really like this version.
Week 2 Poems - Simply perfect!
Week 3 Chopped - Great action shot, love the splintered wood and the sense of force.

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks guys (y)

Split... Chop... splitting hairs if you ask me... it's a very good action shot, love the capture of the bits, and great timing. Well done. On theme too.

Great capture. One of the best "chopped wood" shots of the week.

(y)

Ian.

Ok, so it's a little bit late, but I was at that stage of just giving up the 52 thing again. I simply don't have the time. I can honestly say I haven't been near a street since it was announced. Anyway had to go to Brighton this morning, and snapped this on the iphone, in the North Lanes (sorry streets :) ).

IMG_0042.jpg

Just wondering whether to carry on submitting low grade images just for the sake of it, maybe this weeks "Speed" theme will be the decider, I've never done anything fast in my life!

Mark, it's worked, ok it's on an iphone, therefore not up to SLR standards, but that's ok, I took mine on a <£50 P&S this week ;). It's on theme. Personally I really didn't like this theme, and for me it was a case of getting something that fitted, and you have done that.

I gotta say, you're other 3 shots have all been good, and not just low grade images to fill the post.

That poetry shot is a cracker! Love it. Really lonely feel to it.

Chopped is wicked! Love the splinters shooting out from the "CHOP"! Nicely captured. You've been a bit harsh on yourself on this one. For a hard theme you've nailed it.

And finally, I LOVE street! Did you do any processing on that? Love the colour in it. Looks very vintage. Even though I find it hard to find a focal point it doesn't matter. The busyness of it all works for me. (y)

First visit apologies for being late:)

Curved: Superb - lovely colour, detail and dof is to my taste :) Corking start!

Poem: Thats a great combination - somewhat sinister but well executed! Very nice! lightings great!

Chopped: Now thats a stunner - what a great shot - well timed I must say - that is one dynamic image!

Street: Has an aged feel, almost polaroid! Not the best of the set so far but on theme and original :)

Mark, so sorry I've missed your last 2 weeks . . . and please don't give up on it this early on. There are some beautiful shots in this thread already. Week 2 really is one of my favourites from the whole 52 so far (y)

Chopped : Don't play this one down. Lovely action shot and great timing to get it right. Almost has that 3D effect to it where I can feel the wood flying towards me.

Street : For a phone picture I think it's come out great. It may not be SLR quality and it may not be the most inspiring shot, but I think you've really rescued it with the PP.
The softness works in its favour when combined with the PP to give it a polaroid feel and it adds a layer of interest to what would otherwise be an ordinary shot of an ordinary street. (y)

Definitely not low grade fillers IMO.

Well, here is a very desperate attempt at trying not to fail so early in my 52 year. This has been just such a busy week. My original plan was just to flunk it, and forget the whole thing, but had a last minute change of heart this morning. Probably wasn't worth it, given how rubbish this shot is, but time was short, and it was the best in the time I had.

So here it is week 3 "chopped". (though arguably it's "splitting" wood, not chopping) :)

chopped.jpg

Aye that is splitting! Still a great shot though.I like it.(y)

Mark, it's worked, ok it's on an iphone, therefore not up to SLR standards, but that's ok, I took mine on a <£50 P&S this week ;). It's on theme. Personally I really didn't like this theme, and for me it was a case of getting something that fitted, and you have done that.

I gotta say, you're other 3 shots have all been good, and not just low grade images to fill the post.

Thanks mate :)

That poetry shot is a cracker! Love it. Really lonely feel to it.

Chopped is wicked! Love the splinters shooting out from the "CHOP"! Nicely captured. You've been a bit harsh on yourself on this one. For a hard theme you've nailed it.

And finally, I LOVE street! Did you do any processing on that? Love the colour in it. Looks very vintage. Even though I find it hard to find a focal point it doesn't matter. The busyness of it all works for me. (y)

It was done on an iphone with an app called Hipstamatic, or something like that. It gives it the crop and old Polaroid look.

First visit apologies for being late:)

Curved: Superb - lovely colour, detail and dof is to my taste :) Corking start!

Poem: Thats a great combination - somewhat sinister but well executed! Very nice! lightings great!

Chopped: Now thats a stunner - what a great shot - well timed I must say - that is one dynamic image!

Street: Has an aged feel, almost polaroid! Not the best of the set so far but on theme and original :)

Thanks (y)

Mark, so sorry I've missed your last 2 weeks . . . and please don't give up on it this early on. There are some beautiful shots in this thread already. Week 2 really is one of my favourites from the whole 52 so far (y)

Chopped : Don't play this one down. Lovely action shot and great timing to get it right. Almost has that 3D effect to it where I can feel the wood flying towards me.

Street : For a phone picture I think it's come out great. It may not be SLR quality and it may not be the most inspiring shot, but I think you've really rescued it with the PP.
The softness works in its favour when combined with the PP to give it a polaroid feel and it adds a layer of interest to what would otherwise be an ordinary shot of an ordinary street. (y)

Definitely not low grade fillers IMO.

Thanks. That app on the iphone is quite good fun. Thanks for the support.

Aye that is splitting! Still a great shot though.I like it.(y)

Well I tried to have that argument with someone earlier in that week, and gave up. So I thought if you can't beat them......

C'mon, don't give up on us, you've got some crackin shots here. :)

Back