Richard
Edit My Images
No

Attachments

• Lighthouse.jpg
    Lighthouse.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Richard. You're capable of producing great landscapes that are thoughtfully and engagingly composed with technical excellent exposures and processing.

This is none of the above, I'd hoped for more before clicking on knowing it was your thread.

Guy's it's a drone image taken at height and the whole point wasn't to capture the full length of the lighthouse nor the land it sits on. The purpose was to capture a birds eye view of the top part looking out to sea and the sunset. Personally I think it has done this. If I was to try and capture what you are all looking for then I would of done it that way but also been about 200-300 yards further away due to the nature of the drone's fixed lens.

Look at it another way if it was a composition from high up a mountain looking across to other mountains you wouldn't be saying "Oh where's the bottom of the mountain" thats because the plan is to show the height and background. Here I'm showing the fact that it's a lighthouse and thats the type of view you would get from the top of the lighthouse out to sea

Last edited:
it's a drone image
The purpose was to capture a birds eye view of the top part looking out to sea and the sunset

I can very well see the value of that take as part
of a sequence, a video even, but as single picture
it is somehow not hitting the button… something
is missing as a single shot.

The take is cool but not complete, IMHO.

Richard. You're capable of producing great landscapes that are thoughtfully and engagingly composed with technical excellent exposures and processing.

This is none of the above, I'd hoped for more before clicking on knowing it was your thread.

Bloody hell you sound like my old school teacher. Lol. I will go stand in the corner straight away :)

Last edited:

I can very well see the value of that take as part
of a sequence, a video even, but as single picture
it is somehow not hitting the button… something
is missing as a single shot.

The take is cool but not complete, IMHO.

There you go, hope that completes the idea :

View: https://vimeo.com/163661971

hope that completes the idea :

No not at all…

I was convinced that the video would be cool but
I was seeing just the posted picture and my com-
ment relates only that picture.

Back