Beginner Tripod help/advice needed

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I am pretty new to photography but I have inherited a Peak Designs Capture Clip from a friend who just couldn’t get on with it.

The problem I have is that I originally bought a quite cheap tripod off Amazon to see how things went to begin with and this will not fit the Peak designs standard plate, from what I can find out from my own research I will need a tripod that fits Arca Swiss type attachments.

I don’t really want to spend more than £100 but does anyone know of any tripods that would fit Arca Swiss type for this sort of money?

Many thanks

Michael

If your tripod has a detachable head, you only need to buy the head. They are not so expensive.

If your tripod has a detachable head, you only need to buy the head. They are not so expensive.

Unfortunately it doesn’t allow you to take the head off, I tried to contact the manufacturer to no avail as of yet but the seller has said that the head doesn’t come off the tripod.

I have an older Redsnapper which I'm thinking of upgrading. That is about 9 years old & is Arca Swiss fitment.

I think it was about £120 legs & head at the time. If you can stretch your budget just a little bit then you do have options.

@Smith82

If you post the make & model number of the tripod.......just maybe other TP'ers might have some insight?

I have an older Redsnapper which I'm thinking of upgrading. That is about 9 years old & is Arca Swiss fitment.

I think it was about £120 legs & head at the time. If you can stretch your budget just a little bit then you do have options.

Fair point, may need a chat with the wife!

@Smith82

If you post the make & model number of the tripod.......just maybe other TP'ers might have some insight?

That’s a pretty good point actually.

The tripod is a

Tairoad Lightweight Tripod Portable Video Compact Camera Tripod with 3-Way PanHead and Quick Release Plate for Digital SLR

And was bought on Amazon.

Thanks

That’s a pretty good point actually.

The tripod is a

Tairoad Lightweight Tripod Portable Video Compact Camera Tripod with 3-Way PanHead and Quick Release Plate for Digital SLR

And was bought on Amazon.

Thanks
Not much info available but looking at the pictures, what with the geared column the 3 way head looks like the column is inserted into the head. I read it as fixed and not easily modified!

IMO sell it for what you can and put the money towards some tripod legs and the head you want?

HTH even if not the news you want to hear:)

PS it is possible to buy an Arca Swiss clamp and screw the QR plate that came with tripod into that..... .but would that be a wise added "investment"? Only you can make the choice!

Last edited:
Back