Trouble decoding RAW images...

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I have been having problems with RawTherapee not decoding RAW images properly. Lots of them either only show half the image, or even less. I have the same problem with DarkTable. They show up fine in camera, and using canons RAW convertor that came with the camera. Having just forked out a grand on a macbook pro for editing on, thinking it was my old Aldi computer from 2009 that was causing the problem, I'm becoming quite frustrated by this, Doers anyone else have this problem? Should I just stop being tight and go Adobe CC? I have attached an example of the problem. This is just a jpeg saved from the unedited raw file.

Many thanks for the help :)View attachment 38127

What camera are you using? If you can post a raw file somewhere, others can see if it'll open for them.

You've some potentially interesting stuff up there on Flickr.

I know Rawtherapee is free, but it may well be worth your while joining 'the mainstream' as I think you have a really good eye for a shot, from a very very brief peruse of your Flickr page.

I am afraid I can't offer any opinion or help on RT although no doubt someone will be along soon to offer some solution.

You've some potentially interesting stuff up there on Flickr.

I know Rawtherapee is free, but it may well be worth your while joining 'the mainstream' as I think you have a really good eye for a shot, from a very very brief peruse of your Flickr page.

I am afraid I can't offer any opinion or help on RT although no doubt someone will be along soon to offer some solution.

Thanks very much shreds, you made my night there. I've been tempted my CC for a while now, but want to make sure it will solve the problems I'm having. I'd say at least 10% of the images I take in RAW end up looking like the one I posted above, but I can't seem to find any pattern to it. I think I'll get the free trail and se how I go. Thanks again :)

Back