Trouble with lens

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out taking pics of karting at the weekend and when panning with shutter button half pressed and looking throw view finder the frame in view seemed to jump, any idea:shrug:
Forgot to say was using my 40d and 70-200 f2.8

That's the IS kicking in. You must have had it in the wrong IS mode.

Mode 2 is for panning, where it will stablise vertical movement but allow horixzontal movement. Mode 1 is for ordinary use, where it will stabilise movement in both directions. If you try panning in Mode 1, it will try to compensate for the horizontal movement, and then at some point it will realise it can't compensate enough and will give up. That's when the image jumps.

There's a useful manual that comes with the 70-200 f/2.8 IS. You did read it, didn't you?

Thanks alot, it is a IS and i did have it on the wrong setting. Will teach me to read the instructions before using it.:bonk::bang:

That's the IS kicking in. You must have had it in the wrong IS mode.
There's a useful manual that comes with the 70-200 f/2.8 IS. You did read it, didn't you?

Im in the middle of moving house so when i got my new kit the boxes were stuck into storage and manual is in there. Was to excited to read things like that :LOL:

Back