Truck photography

Edit My Images
Yes
I have 2 massive trucks to shoot, ideally side by side = 40ft+ Any lighting tips?
All ideas appreciated!

Sounds like you'll be needing your friends Miss Tripod, Mr Stepladder and Lord Speedlight. Then composite the layers - lots and lots of layers - in PS

I've just done a big job for a haulage company. If you're shooting outdoors don't be afraid to move the trucks (Or ask for them to be moved) into a postion that suits. A tripod is a must and a polariser will help in a lot of situations. Maybe a graduated neutral density as well.

Not knowing how/when/where you'll be doing it, that's the best i can offer.

Cheers guys! I'm hoping for a dusk scene, but looking to boost any shadow areas. Maybe a very long exposure and a big light pan?

What's important about the trucks/ who are you shooting them for? If they're signwritten you'll want that to show without overexposing the signed areas or running a trail of light through them. You'll need a lot of light - I saw an Actros tractor unit parked up once when I was bored so I set to work...

Something like 8 full power flashes and double that for half power pops.

Nice shot!
The trucks in question are mighty beasts £250,000 each and only a couple in the country so far. They will be signwritten and I will have all the time I need to move em around etc.
Just need another 7 flashes and I've cracked it :D

Nice shot!
The trucks in question are mighty beasts £250,000 each and only a couple in the country so far. They will be signwritten and I will have all the time I need to move em around etc.
Just need another 7 flashes and I've cracked it :D

:thinking: Which trucks would they be?

Not sure of the make, but will when I they're ready to take the shots know all the details.

Would be interesting to know... Remember 25yrs ago friend of the family brought a kenworth (owner driver) an by god that was huuuuugggeee & made me become a trucker :LOL: - althou my dad was one for 40yrs...

Worked for a company that had a couple done up for the show's in thunderbirds & stingray (working trucks as well) dont arf get some looks when you drive these & the questions as well..

Must be some piece of kit thou - wish you well in taking pic's of them & look forward to seeing the results..

Or could be Actros's or XF105's with uber expensive Bruishuis trailers?

I'd quite like to see the results though, especially if the owner will let you get creative on a few shots, I always wanted to try a diagonal fisheye on a lorry to exagerate the lengths. If its dusk your doing the shoot ask to hang around a bit and get a nice long exposure where you can lightpaint and still have a bit of colour in the sky.

Would be cracking if it was the Scania R999 "Red Pearl" convertible :LOL:

Back