Daily T's 365 challenge..... Life begins at 40......

Super colours in that T, really caught my eye.
I never plan far in advance what I'm going to shoot, its more a case of having the camera handy all the time and taking the opportunities as they arise.

Phil

Great focus and lovely colours (y) I think that the idea works well and I think you've captured it well :clap:

Thanks Matt i think the umbrella might get used again as i had planned something different with it... glad you like it...(y)

Trace...you take really good shots.... I really don't understand why you're struggling lol...
Make a list of things to shoot, things that you really like, flowers, trees etc, and pull one out each day, and go and shoot it...

Lee...... laughing.... i really don't know whats making me stress... i think a list or themes might help tho so going to try.... Thank you :D

Really like that...the DOF is awesome.....shot on manual aswell eh! ;)

Of course!.... i may not fully understand and it takes me awhile still to get settings right but i refuse auto ....Thank you(y)

DOF is awesome!! and those colours POP!!

Woohoo thank you Kev!!;)

like 'Sunshine on a rainy day' - bright and cheerful in the dullness :) Great shot :clap:

Thank you Carol it was so grey today!

Love the colours but that bokeh really "gets" me! I'm a sucker for it... GREAT shot!

(I keep wanting to use my thread like my own little journal too...)

Thank you, I love bokeh too it's soooo lovely.... I created the fb page so that it is like a mini journal and it will be good to go back to later on and read etc, especially now with feeling a bit overwhelmed lol:D

Super colours in that T, really caught my eye.
I never plan far in advance what I'm going to shoot, its more a case of having the camera handy all the time and taking the opportunities as they arise.

Phil

Thanks Phil.... i thought i would be like that too as i've never usually planned a shoot but i don't know if it's just that pressure of knowing you have to find something.....

fab umbrella shot the colours really stand out

Awww thanks tezz!

Excellent use of DOF - did you try the Brolly the other way up too?

Excellent use of DOF - did you try the Brolly the other way up too?

Yeah but the shots just didn't grab me so i need to try again and in a different location as this wasn't quite what i had it mind.... the umbella tends to fall like this within seconds so it might be a bit of celotape for next shot:D

Thank you....

I'd be inclined to use one from your list, only on days where you are struggling....otherwise you'll never look for those 'different' shots to take...
I've liked your fb page too.....

Excellent, really good splash of colour in the woods. Going on from Sarah's suggestion, you could hang it from a tree with some invisible thread.

Thank you....Yep that's exactly what i wanted to do and will do, all the trees were too close together and in my head i want a lonely tree on its own... there are loads around here so it will certainly be another shot further on.....(y)

I'd be inclined to use one from your list, only on days where you are struggling....otherwise you'll never look for those 'different' shots to take...
I've liked your fb page too.....

That's true and i'm sure once i've got into the habit of the one shot a day i won't feel so daunted!...

Thank you for the like too Lee:D

That's wicked. Great contrast between the dull browns of the forest and the colourful umbrella. For a day of having a lack of ideas you pulled a really strong shot out of the bag!

I agree with the Lee, when you aren't under pressure (i.e. when you have taken your shot) sit down and start writing down a list of ideas / shots you want to try / selfie you want to do / "technique" or "style" you want to try. Then, if you can't think of anything pick one of those and go shoot it. If you don't think you did it justice keep the idea in your bag to come back to later and reshoot. And you could end up with a list like this:

Ideas:
Flowers
Neighbours Dogs
Light Trails
Water Drops
Street Photography
blah
blah

Reshoot
<list of shots you feel you didn't do justice but sit here to subconsciously remind you and on one of those days an AWESOME idea will pop into your head...>

Think I'll go make one of these myself actually!

Last edited:
Love it! Doing it like me, I think...panicking at the last minute about what to shoot, but in the end, it turns out great (well, i think mine have been good, anyway - yours certainly have!).

:)

Great brolly shot. Colours are bang on, along with the DOF :D

Thank you!

That's wicked. Great contrast between the dull browns of the forest and the colourful umbrella. For a day of having a lack of ideas you pulled a really strong shot out of the bag!

I agree with the Lee, when you aren't under pressure (i.e. when you have taken your shot) sit down and start writing down a list of ideas / shots you want to try / selfie you want to do / "technique" or "style" you want to try. Then, if you can't think of anything pick one of those and go shoot it. If you don't think you did it justice keep the idea in your bag to come back to later and reshoot. And you could end up with a list like this:

Ideas:
Flowers
Neighbours Dogs
Light Trails
Water Drops
Street Photography
blah
blah

Reshoot
<list of shots you feel you didn't do justice but sit here to subconsciously remind you and on one of those days an AWESOME idea will pop into your head...>

Think I'll go make one of these myself actually!

Thank you!.... i think the list and reshoot list is spot on and think it would work quite well for me..... either that or i just work well on high stress and frustration so for the next 360 days i'll be a nervous wreck!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Love it! Doing it like me, I think...panicking at the last minute about what to shoot, but in the end, it turns out great (well, i think mine have been good, anyway - yours certainly have!).

:)

Lol thank you Craig and yes i have to say i've ended up pleased with what i've posted... as you should be too...... my only issue is the panicking is all bl**y day haha

Like the shot T.
Did you try one zoomed back to make the brolly look even more out of place?

Thank you....Yeah i did and that was one of the original shots i wanted to get, it just didn't give me the yes factor once i got home tho

~Sam~ said:
I love the umbrella shot, especially those bright and cheerful colours against the muted ones of the BG - great DOF on it as well (y)

I have a list from a site called The Photography Butterfly - I can't remember which forum I saw it linked on originally, could be this one. Of course, the thing I should have done is read it myself before now!! :bonk::bonk:

http://photographybutterfly.com/2012/12/31/your-ultimate-ideasguide-to-365-with-print-out/

Haha yeah I have that list too it's on fb and Flickr I did have a quick peak so I may pick a few from there! :)

For once i sort of had ideas in my head today, wasn't stressing which made me :D lots all day.....

Anyway after a flat battery finally get out to hobbycraft to be nosey at all their goodies... by the time i am home it's already getting dark which i knew then i would struggle as i usually do with evening shots..... i wasn't wrong, i couldn't get anything that was in my head to work.... so....

Is all i got is a camera full of bokeh....:shake:

IMG_5550-2 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

You can never go wrong with bokeh though....it always looks so pleasing on the eye...

Like Lee said, you can never go wrong with some nice bokeh! You know how I feel about that :D :LOL:

Nice bubbles T ... Id echo vince and say it too reminded me of my disco balls... But I didn't frequent clubs ... Forever being asked for ID...

Great colours and love just the odd one that is gold - makes it stand out more :)

Great shot and not going to say anything about old disco balls ----- I'm WAY to young to remember them :LOL:

Nice bubbles T ... Id echo vince and say it too reminded me of my disco balls... But I didn't frequent clubs ... Forever being asked for ID...

Awwww baby face was you? hehe

Wonderful colours, it would make a great screen background (y)

Thanks Matt, extremely disappointed but i guess it happens eh

Great colours and love just the odd one that is gold - makes it stand out more :)

Great shot and not going to say anything about old disco balls ----- I'm WAY to young to remember them :LOL:

Thanks Carol it was either this or a blank screen lol!!!

That's quite interesting T, how did you do that?

I had my daughters bedroom fairy lights on the table as i was trying to do something else...... i got in close as i could switched to manual focus so it blurs and hey presto a screen full of bokeh.... oh and a red sweet wrapper in front of flash to make it more pink......In Lightroom i dostorted the image to curve it :D

So today is day 7.... First week complete. which after day 2 i didn't think i would, or at least i had doubts!....

It's been another grey miserable day here and no time for a shot until this evening so whilst my girl was doing her Arty stuff at the table i made full use of her.....:D

IMG_5599-2 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Back