Tsunami Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just received some amazing photos of the Asian Tsunami from a colleague in New Zealand. They're in the form of a .PPS (PowerPoint) file, and once loaded you just click to go to the next shot.

WARNING: 1MB download

Link to PPS file

Those images really bring home the size and power of the wave. Its sad and impressive at the same time. It all seems like a terrible waste of human life to me and my thoughts are still with the familys and people that have been directly effected by this disaster.

Thanks for the Link sir.

Its hard to believe, but on image 18 all of the people seem to be laughing and smiling as the 30ft wave is about to hit them.

I would be very suprised if any of these people survived the impact.

It goes to show how ignorant us humans are about the power of nature.

Interesting, scarey and thought provoking images, gives a true sense of the unexpected as Matt says with all the smiles.

I heard today that the woman seen on the front of many newspapers a few weeks ago, running into the wave to rescue her family as everyone was running the other way, all survived!!!

Not all of those are from the most recent tsunami. Some (i believe) are from an annual tidal surge that happens in china. I say that because i saw the same photos just after the disaster happened on a webpage about tsunamis.

Fungus you could be quite correct.
When I first heard of 'the' Tsunami, I was slightly puzzled, as I knew what one was, just didn't realise how devastating they were.
The reason being, that I was 13 when I first learnt of the Tsunami. I was told that in Japan(or China, I forget), instead of getting to safety, people would actually make their way to the beach to see it. Some turning it into a special trip out. It must be the tidal surge that they were talking about.

Back