Two nights in Barcelona

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
I've just decided to do a two night stopover in Barcelona on my way home to Phuket................any suggestions for where to stay and good photo opportunities
I will have a camera with me :)

Neil

Las Ramblas - a long street that is pretty interesting. There's a market about two thirds of the way up on the left (going from the sea) which is well worth a visit and an open square at the end for people watching:
074e by Ken, on Flickr

I'm leaving for there tonight for six days so I might see you...

The usual places of interest are La Sagrada Familia and the Park Güell.

Enjoy your stay :)

Good Morning Neil,

This is a most!

Cacao Sampaka Barcelona
C/ Consell de Cent, 292
08007 - Barcelona
Tel. 932720833 / Fax. 934872623
barcelona-eixample@cacaosampaka.com

Not far from Las Ramblas but they make truly wonderful chocolates and I'm sure your wife will be very happy with a selection from here. I stumbled into them the first week they opened. If your both not fans of chocolate then you'll maybe not enjoy it as much!

I've just decided to do a two night stopover in Barcelona on my way home to Phuket................any suggestions for where to stay and good photo opportunities

Neil
I'm there in a month's time so everyone's suggestions will be helpful to me also.

Las Ramblas - a long street that is pretty interesting. There's a market about two thirds of the way up on the left (going from the sea) which is well worth a visit and an open square at the end for people watching:
074e by Ken, on Flickr

I'm leaving for there tonight for six days so I might see you...

The usual places of interest are La Sagrada Familia and the Park Güell.

Enjoy your stay :)
You have to book in advance now to go inside the park and the sagrada familiar

Neil

Watch your camera at all times pick pockets everywhere there:(

Been to Barcelona twice already but not for photography..... football matches, Barcelona Open tennis plus sightseeing.

I do not know what kind of photography are you, but for architecture I would recommend La Sagrada Familia & Parc Guell. For 'street photography' I would recommend Las Ramblas.

As you plan to stay for 2 nights, then it would be best to leave out Parc Guell which is little further away.

Las Ramblas is famous for pick pocket, so watch out.

I thoroughly recommend the Palau de la Música Catalana both inside and outside for a photo opportunity, an amazing venue. La boqueria market, El Born and raval as well. If you don't mind queuing, the cable car up to Montjuic is worth a trip.

Holy crap, this is the first notification I got of this thread.............so sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I have had to cancel this stop over as the robbing b@stards want $400 for the privilege, add $300 for the hotel would have made it nearly a grand for two nights in Barcelona :( :( :( .
I'm still in Tenerife for another week, and will pop out tomorrow night and try and get a few more pictures of the folks here. Below are a few pictures that I got the other night;
Neil's_Photography_May-21,-2017_L1040543.jpg Neil's_Photography_May-21,-2017_L1040546.jpg Neil's_Photography_May-21,-2017_L1040551.jpg Neil's_Photography_May-21,-2017_L1040559.jpg

I'll be having my third evening in Bar Marsella... :)
The first time was to sample the Absynth but the gins are something else.

I'll be having my third evening in Bar Marsella... :)
The first time was to sample the Absynth but the gins are something else.
I've always wanted to visit bar marsella. I've heard mixed reports, what's your take on it ? It looks a great for photos. I'm back in Barcelona in July and definitely want to try an absinthe there.

I've always wanted to visit bar marsella. I've heard mixed reports, what's your take on it ? It looks a great for photos. I'm back in Barcelona in July and definitely want to try an absinthe there.
Well worth a visit. The owner, Josep, is lovely. He is the fifth generation, in his family, to own the bar.
The first night they get you to pay for your drinks before you drink them. The next night you just run up a tab...
The gins and mojitas are superb, as is the coffee.
I'd say to enter into the spirit of the place and enjoy, as long as you remember that most people just turn up for one drink - absinthe - that they probably won't like.

Last edited:
Taken on Iphone 18581673_10211195775748758_4798695973533366011_n.jpg

Last edited:
When did you go? I was there last week and I went there on a Tues around 10am and they said all tickets sold out and you can only buy them online

A month ago as a matter of fact, during Barcelona Open tennis week. I booked it across the La Sagrada Familia - 'Information' van, Perhaps I got lucky !!!

Hand held at 1 sec, so a bit blurry. I should have raised the ISO. Ah well :)
Bar Marsella by Ken, on Flickr
Very nice shot, it definitely looks like my kind of bar. Really retro, they even leave old Contax film cameras in the tables o_O

Back