Two Quick Questions

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok radio trigger or infa red trigger? + 150w heads or 300w? is it worth the extra money for more watts??

Cheers. :woot:

Radio!

IR can be useless in bright daylight and have limited (mostly) line-of-sight range...about 20-30 feet or so.

Highest wattage in lights you can afford. You cannot afford the small ones...because you will quickly outgrow them and end up buying the higher powered ones anyway.

Big light make small light but small light not make big light.

Also, constantly working smaller lights for max output or close to it will shorten their lifespan more than you might think

....and you won't get a better answer that one. (y)

Radio!

IR can be useless in bright daylight and have limited (mostly) line-of-sight range...about 20-30 feet or so.

Highest wattage in lights you can afford. You cannot afford the small ones...because you will quickly outgrow them and end up buying the higher powered ones anyway.

Big light make small light but small light not make big light.

Thanks good answers (y) might as well go for the 300w then saves me buying new ones in the months to come.

Thanks again (y)

1. Radio trigger. I can't think of a single benefit to infra red, they were great 10 years ago when the only affordable alternative was a synch cable but we've moved on now.
2. It depends. Most people are very happy with 150 Joules (it's Joules or Watt seconds not watts) when they start off, but then they generally start off wanting to use softboxes and umbrellas but, as they gain knowledge, they find that they need more to power their more creative lighting tools. This short guide to choosing studio lighting may help.

1. Radio trigger. I can't think of a single benefit to infra red, they were great 10 years ago when the only affordable alternative was a synch cable but we've moved on now.
2. It depends. Most people are very happy with 150 Joules (it's Joules or Watt seconds not watts) when they start off, but then they generally start off wanting to use softboxes and umbrellas but, as they gain knowledge, they find that they need more to power their more creative lighting tools. This short guide to choosing studio lighting may help.

Thanks alot.

Do the lights you promote come in kits with backgrounds and stands everything to get going?

Thanks alot.

Do the lights you promote come in kits with backgrounds and stands everything to get going?

I hope I just give out info and don't promote...
But if you're talking about Lencarta then yes, there's a range of options

I'm unsure of the availability of these in the UK but I bought a DigiBees package from AlienBees.

2 800W lights (I think that equates to 320W in the terms referred to above)
2 light stands with carry cases
2 umbrellas and 2 radio remotes.

They were fantastic value at about £300. The exchange rate has changed since so they'll be more but they're worth checking out I think.

Thanks will take a look, sorry wasnt sure if you were selling them or a partner in the business or a fan. (y)

I'm their techie, their photographer and provide their customer support. Anyone who has spoken to me will tell you that I'm NOT a salesman:LOL:
And at the rate they're selling I wish I was a parner:crying:

I'm their techie, their photographer and provide their customer support. Anyone who has spoken to me will tell you that I'm NOT a salesman:LOL:
And at the rate they're selling I wish I was a parner:crying:

Cheers the ElitePro Twin Head Giant Softbox Kit with Background interests me very much and at £539.95 seems rather good value for money will read up some more. :D

Back