Tyre pressure monitors for motorbikes..?

Edit My Images
Yes
Can't you just look at the tyres?

I'm not sure if you are serious or not - maybe you are not a biker or even a driver ?
All tyres need to be checked for correct pressure long before they look flat (yeah, but only at the bottom eh ?) and on a bike, given how small the contact area is it is even more important.
Not many of us bother to check the pressures of our vehicles every time we drive, so a visible sign that the pressure is down could not only save on tyre wear, but potentially save lives.
I have no idea of the facts, but braking distances will be affected along with handling - again, things that may be more important to a biker to some extent...

My bike came with them fitted as standard. Mine are integrated in with the dash.
I just hope they never warn me of what they're designed to do.

What sort of bike do you have - I had no idea any came with them fitted as standard, but then my bike (a Honda CBF1000) is over ten years old and until I can afford a newer bike I try not to look at what is out there !
As you say, I hope yours never have cause to warn you..

Reactions: Nod
I'm not sure if you are serious or not - maybe you are not a biker or even a driver ?

Yes, I am very serious.

I was a biker and I am a driver. Never had tyre pressure sensors in any of MY bikes and my current car is the first I have ever owned that has them.

We learned to check tyre pressures weekly and I still do. People have just become lazy.
Lets hope the technology that you are relying on to tell you tyre pressures never fails.

Last edited:
Yes, I am very serious.

I was a biker and I am a driver. Never had tyre pressure sensors in any of MY bikes and my current car is the first I have ever owned that has them.

We learned to check tyre pressures weekly and I still do. People have just become lazy.
Lets hope the technology that you are relying on to tell you tyre pressures never fails.

Sorry if I offended - It was not intentional, and like I said, I couldn't tell if you were serious.
I'd never even heard of them until a few days ago and have always done as you do, checking manually, but don't do it every time I ride, which is why the idea of something that can be quickly looked at each time I ride is appealing.

dunno abouth these i suppose could alert if one of the tyres goes south.
obviously as biker you check your tyres manually lodas yeah?

All tyres need to be checked for correct pressure long before they look flat (yeah, but only at the bottom eh ?) and on a bike, given how small the contact area is it is even more important.
Not many of us bother to check the pressures of our vehicles every time we drive, so a visible sign that the pressure is down could not only save on tyre wear, but potentially save lives.
I have no idea of the facts, but braking distances will be affected along with handling - again, things that may be more important to a biker to some extent...

What sort of bike do you have - I had no idea any came with them fitted as standard, but then my bike (a Honda CBF1000) is over ten years old and until I can afford a newer bike I try not to look at what is out there !
As you say, I hope yours never have cause to warn you..
Oh so you got a Biffer then Steve? Good man! ;)

These are designed to be helpful in alerting of a puncture etc, and not to be used as a way of keeping tabs on your tyre pressure.
Every millisecond counts when you only have two wheels.

Back