U2 randomness

S

Steve

Since I started to put a different set of random lyrics in my signature each day some of the members and especially EosD have shown some interest. This has had the unfair effect of taking people's legitimate threads off topic so I thought I would just start this here to discuss anything vaguely relevant ;)

Yesterdays lyrics where..

Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come here to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the leapers in your head

Correctly identified by EosD as being from "One"

Today’s are..

Her heart is racing…you can’t keep up
The night is bleeding like a cut
Between the horses of love and lust
We are trampled underfoot.

Again EosD has correctly identified them as being from "So Cruel"

Now who else like me thinks he is using Google?

Now who else like me thinks he is using Google?
If he's as big a U2 fan as I am, I doubt he needed Google. :thumb:

Try this one:

"You lead me on with those innocent eyes"

Well I can assure you that some of the upcomming ones are not so easy, this is going to be fun if no one cheats :)

Next line?

You know I love the element of suprise ;)

you can ask digitalfailure about my taste in music, he will confirm i need to get out more and buy some proper records

dont know that one though, cant be a song i really like....

No google was used in identifying the first 2 lyrics...

dont know that one though, cant be a song i really like....
As Steve knows, its called 'Until the End of the World' from the Achtung Baby album (track 4, iirc). :)

GfK said:
As Steve knows, its called 'Until the End of the World' from the Achtung Baby album (track 4, iirc). :)

Are you sure it isn't Andy Stewart and The Muckin O' Geordies Byre
From the album Donald Where's Yer Trousers ( track 2 ) ? .... :flipoff: .....:banana:

God I have to stop this late night drinking. :D

Cameron

Garnock said:
Are you sure it isn't Andy Stewart and The Muckin O' Geordies Byre
From the album Donald Where's Yer Trousers ( track 2 ) ? .... :flipoff: .....:banana:Cameron

In a U2 thread? Yes, I'm sure. :woot:

Garnock said:
God I have to stop this late night drinking. :D
Cameron

Its not late night, its early morning. :LOL: :LOL: :beer:

GfK said:
Try this one:

"You lead me on with those innocent eyes"

Said the actress to the bishop?

Another day and another lyric

"A man melts the sand so he can see the world outside."

Its a little tougher but not quite in the difficult group yet ;)

No using Google :nono:

Steve said:
Another day and another lyric

"A man melts the sand so he can see the world outside."

Its a little tougher but not quite in the difficult group yet ;)

No using Google :nono:

A man melts the sand so he can see the world outside

A man makes a car
destination
And builds roads to run them on
A man dreams of leaving
But he always stays behind

Lemon U2
I'm also a big U2 fan. took me a while to work it out.

Try this one. "And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts"

Quite easy really, and it's not U2.

Ahhh another man with taste :)

I see it also includes the mighty Floyd ;)

Anyone see Floyd at Live8 a few months ago?

I only saw it on TV but it was very 'moving' - Floyd back together after all this time.

never really got the hang of Lemon, an OK song, but nothing great, noteworthy more for the fact that the edge 'sang' it

the floyd, pretty much every song from dark side onwards can be recited at will, timeless.

Live8 was great, i waited all day to see it and it was worth every second.

Live 8 was spot on. There were only two acts that spoilt the day - Madonna was one, and Snoop Crappy Dogg was the other.

Why they felt the need to use the 'f' word repeatedly during their performances, knowing full well that millions of kids would be watching.... just can't weigh that up. Wasn't at all necessary imho.

Very true.

I really enjoyed the evening shows, its a shame U2 didnt play late, that would have been great, Robbie Williams, The Who U2 and Pink Floyd...great stuff

Another day and another rather excellent lyric.

"Oh my love it’s a long way we’ve come
From the freckled hills to the steel and glass canyons
From the stony fields to hanging steel from the sky
From digging in our pockets for a reason not to say goodbye."

nope dont know that one, still guessing its U2

Yes, still U2 but much more recent.

I just love how descriptive and how big a visual it paints with so few words.

IanC_UK said:
These are the hands that build America

Im normally hopeless at these cos i cant remember the words unless im listening to the song ! LOL and even then i cock em up ! :coat:

Thats the one, it is a fantastic song and I would urge anyone that has not heard it to give it at least one listen.

In fact its such a strong lyric that I have decided to leave it for another day before changing it :)

A day late but another change in lyric anyway..

"We scorch the earth, set fire to sky
Steep so low to reach so high
A link is lost, chain undone
We wait all day for night to come
And it comes, like a hunter, child."

Guesses welcomed as usual. :)

Not me, all the lyrics are from tracks that I listened to in the last two weeks, i just noted the ones that I felt where strong and now I am posting them randomly :)

Steve said:
Not me, all the lyrics are from tracks that I listened to in the last two weeks, i just noted the ones that I felt where strong and now I am posting them randomly :)

really.....hmmm. Well this is my favorite line of theirs.

We fight, all the time, it's alright.
Were the same souls, you and I.

Now we all know what song those come from if there are some U2 fans here. I can't believe how long they have been around too. Makes me feel old,lol :)

Jewel.

EosD said:
Very true.

I really enjoyed the evening shows, its a shame U2 didnt play late, that would have been great, Robbie Williams, The Who U2 and Pink Floyd...great stuff

Did he just say robbie williams?

I can't have read that correctly can I?

yes you did!:)

i said Robbie, he got the crowd going and entertained. Very much a pleasant surprise!

/finger hovers over the 'ban ghandi' button....

Hmmm, not sure banning me for not loving the egotistical one is particularly fair but......

I really don't think he has anything to offer. He doesn't write his own songs and steals his showmanship from greats such as Sinatra. It's all just re-packaged post-modernist B/S as far as I'm concerned.

However, as always, I'm respectful of other peoples tastes and opinions and if that's whats really floats your boats then good for you!

back on topic (sort of) Annie lennox made me cry when she did 'Why?' and Da Floyd were amazing. As were scissor sisters ;)

That said, I do think Robbie is a good entertainer, irrespective of where he gets it from. Like Bert says, he's a crowd pleaser, and does what he's paid to do....entertain.

Most 'artists' these days thinkt they're there just to sing a song exactly like they did on the CD, and then leave again.

At least with Robbie you're getting more moneys worth...IMO

At least with Robbie you're getting more moneys worth...IMO

Unless you're stood at the back of 400,000 peeps at nebworth!

Having said that though, I've *cough* been to the Monsters of Rock thing and seen metallica from about 10 miles away, and I still thought they rocked. I've just never bought into the robbie hype. Ok, so he can wind a crowd up, but I think 90% of that is due to the female/gay adoration factor. It's the same with most 'attractive' pop stars. Lopez, beyonce, 50pence, etc. They all put on a good show admittedly, but how much of it is good music and how much of it is fervour created by over-exposure n the media?

Give me a tent, a soundsystem, a dj and a field in the middle of no-where any day of the week. But that's another kettle of fish entirely.

*rant mode: OFF*

sorry, :eyesup: I'm just very passionate about music and the influence the media has on our lives.

Way back in my y00th i went to a couple of the "monsters of rock" events, I say events because they were more than any stadium gig could ever be. :banana:

Robbie, while being tuneful spends too much time trying to be one of of rocks legends, be it Freddie M, or anyone else who's pulled off a good show.

Matt's music taste is just plain weird anyway, so anything he says can be ignored.....after all, anyone who knows the entire rick astley back catalogue lyrics by heart deserves to be ignored. :LOL:

"Another brick in the wall" a slight variation for ya and another Floyd and U2 fan this end :thumb: How about Hendrix, the Door's, Led Zep or is that gong back too far :nunu: :D

orig.jpg

Danny.

@ghandi - Annie Lennox????????????????????????????????? thankfully i missed that one! Music is like photography, perosnal tastes and all that. If it makes you feel better, i never liked robbie until 'feel' :embarrassed:

@digitalfailure - not telling you ANY more secrets

@ macroholic - storm thorgason got paid gazillions to produce stuff like that! good shoppery skills, and welcome!

Back