UK photographic kit suppliers

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
If you are buying kit from a UK supplier's website who has given you good efficient service?

Good service
Amazon
Aperture UK
Bristol Cameras
Camera World
Clifton Cameras
Devon Cameras
Ffordes
Jacobs
Jessops
Martin's Camera Shop
Microglobe
Morris Photographic
Park Cameras
Purely Gadgets
7 Day Canon
T4 Cameras
Walters Photo & Video
Warehouse Express

Bad service
7 day shop

Last edited:
Mifsuds are excellent. Next day service - and very friendly.

I would ahve thought all suppliers wanting your money will give a good service and thus the list may as well be a copy of the yellow pages.. best just to ahve a list of bad suppliers as thats far far shorter and probably already exists on this MB :)

I'd make an amendment to Stewart's list.

7 day shop is very hit and miss - they have some fantastic bargains and as such have a high turn over of stock leading to mistakes. Sometimes they are fast, efficient and perfect and othertimes they are terrible (which I think would be stewart's experience with them)

Slightly OT, I went into a local independent store yesterday - who could not give me accurate pricing, or when they would be able to get something in...

These little stores have got to pick up the pace if they are not to be outdone by the big boys and online ordering...

Funny thing is, they are relatively close to where AJP were, and you would think they would be doing everything they can to pull in AJP's old customers but it just seemed like they didn't care and couldn't be bothered to get me a price or accurate delivery times :thinking:

Last edited:
Mifsuds - outstanding quality of service (bought my 2nd hand Canon 1DS MkII over the phone from them - it was better than described!).

Warehouse Express - often best on pricing, & efficient delivery.

I'd make an amendment to Stewart's list.

7 day shop is very hit and miss - they have some fantastic bargains and as such have a high turn over of stock leading to mistakes. Sometimes they are fast, efficient and perfect and othertimes they are terrible (which I think would be stewart's experience with them)

Their name should be 7 day delivery :D:D

Don't order anything you need quickly.

Bentonville Mall - Bad

I would ahve thought all suppliers wanting your money will give a good service and thus the list may as well be a copy of the yellow pages.. best just to ahve a list of bad suppliers as thats far far shorter and probably already exists on this MB :)

Been getting a bit disgruntled lately with outfits that advertise goods they don't have in stock or don't deliver when they say they will.

Been getting a bit disgruntled lately with outfits that advertise goods they don't have in stock or don't deliver when they say they will.

Quite a few of those at the mo' - to do with people placing orders for stock which has already gone out in the light of the massive price rises from Japanese suppliers. Suspect there could be some mileage looking for a local, independent supplier who hasn't mysteriously raised his prices on existing stock having seen the new prices.

Alan

Never used them myself as I don't do "Grey" but Simply Electronics should probably be on anyone's avoid list!

Good:
Amazon
Warehouseexpress
Ebay : seller adani505
7dayshoop
Morris Photographic
Microglobe
Play
Speedgraphic
Mymemory
Mobymemory
Expansys

Bad:
Cameras2u - A Jessops company
Cameraking
Tvdeals.tv

Last edited:
www.buyacamera.com provided a no nonsense and speedy sevice when I ordered my flashgun and zoom lens from them, and their prices are often better than the bestest price listed on camerapricebuster.co.uk

Currently waiting on a few items from Clifton Cams. Used them before and they were good, but not this time.
Items were promised for Wednesday last. Still not here and no replies received to my 3 emails asking why.
I'll give them until Monday.

They have lost a customer now.

www.buyacamera.com provided a no nonsense and speedy sevice when I ordered my flashgun and zoom lens from them, and their prices are often better than the bestest price listed on camerapricebuster.co.uk

which shop? that is a link to links..one could almost say a bit spammy?

Back