under 18's football

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
im currently taking photos for hall road rangers ( small semi pro team )

and i have had a chat with the press officer and chairman and they would like a sunday league photographer which i agreed to do

there is a small chance to sell a few prints

anyway question is im very unsure about certain things and some feedback would be appreciated

1. can i put these images i take on a website with them beenunder 18 , i have clubs consent

2. on match days would you wear something ie have a fleece done with a logo and photographer on bcak to stop been pestered by people running and shouting who the hell are you and why are you taking pictures :LOL::LOL:

i am about to have a crb check had several before so not worried about it

3. prices for images would you just make a small forutne on prints ie more lilkey to sell them then been nicked even with watermarks on them - ie A4 £5

Last edited:
We shoot tournaments for a living.

We do have company jackets with name and 'Official Photographer' on it, but for a one-off you'll find it very expensive. Usually the company's who do this want an order for 10+.

I didnt understand the wording in your last question. However, as a guide, we sell 9x6 photos at £15+postage from the web gallery and 12x8 prints at £20, or £25 if they're personalised with name.

It is however a numbers game, so if your looking to sell photos to a single team then you're unlikely to be retiring on the profits.

Hope that helps.

J

We shoot tournaments for a living.

We do have company jackets with name and 'Official Photographer' on it, but for a one-off you'll find it very expensive. Usually the company's who do this want an order for 10+.

I didnt understand the wording in your last question. However, as a guide, we sell 9x6 photos at £15+postage from the web gallery and 12x8 prints at £20, or £25 if they're personalised with name.

It is however a numbers game, so if your looking to sell photos to a single team then you're unlikely to be retiring on the profits.

Hope that helps.

J

i can get printing done cheap even as a one off as my parents buiness buy 1000,s of buisness cards a year and the company we deal with are more like friends we have been dealing with them for a long while so i can get them cheap enough

as for for prints i as was wondering how you all sold them

like the idea with there name on that is a good idea and something to think of

and no i wasnt going to retire of the prints lol , more of put towards funding of new gear i know it wont be a killer but would be nice to get a little something back in return

I'm gonna follow this thread.... I've been asked to shoot under 16's football.

I have sent off a release form to most of the teams managers to ask permission from the family so that the pics can be used on my website. I'm not being paid for the time I spend taking the shots but will be paid for team photo prints, match pics etc

Last edited:
Yes you can put the pictures on your website for prospective customers to view and buy
I have a simalar arrangement with the local Ice hockey team on my website
I have the senior team and the junior teams pictures on there for sale

The Events firm I work for charge 10 Pounds for a 10x6 or 20 pounds for three (but two get one free essentially) when we shoot kids footy tourneys and do a pretty good trade. But thats all the teams on a one off so I don't know about shooting the same 15 kids week in week out in terms of demand. I would have thought you'd have to be careful to keep your prices down if you wanted to sell many regularly but thats just my own two cents.

The Events firm I work for charge 10 Pounds for a 10x6 or 20 pounds for three (but two get one free essentially) when we shoot kids footy tourneys and do a pretty good trade. But thats all the teams on a one off so I don't know about shooting the same 15 kids week in week out in terms of demand. I would have thought you'd have to be careful to keep your prices down if you wanted to sell many regularly but thats just my own two cents.

there is 5 or so seperat kids teams

i see there is 2 diffrent points of view on the images online

is it essential to have a release form even though i have the clubs permission to take the pics

also the managers are going to be told on hte 1st thursday next month that i will be doing the photos for the club and what prices etc there will be and what i offer if all agree then i have the go ahead - dont see a big problem as i geto n with a few of the managers and the chairman

if the club it self wants images for marketing etc i wont charge (only managers ) but for prints i will for parents

2. on match days would you wear something ie have a fleece done with a logo and photographer on bcak to stop been pestered by people running and shouting who the hell are you and why are you taking pictures :LOL::LOL:

Below is what we have for summer, and we also have it on winter jackets. We provided the clothing and Halbro of Horwich ( a major rugby shirt manufacture) did the printing.

Cost £2 each with no minimum order, we started with just two, but now have polo shirts , sweatshirts as well as bibs and jackets. They do embroidery too at very low prices.

1D4_0024.jpg

You DO NOT need any sort of release form in the UK, and yes you can put them on your website for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. can i put these images i take on a website with them beenunder 18 , i have clubs consent

I have thousands of junior football pics on my website.. Also I have cricket, hockey and all manner of junior stuff.. all for sale and I ahvent got one single release form... Thats up to the manager and his players... You dont need any release forms to take pics of jnrs or sell them... thats something the clubs like to have.. makes them feel like they are doing something to protect children ......from what I havent a clue :)

Back