Unhappy with Ebay seller

That's something that p****s me off about Ebay - as a buyer, once I have paid, I should get positive feedback from the seller - after all I have completed my side of the deal and paid them on time. Instead, very few sellers will leave you feedback before you've left them feedback, which sucks.

I think you should open a claim against him for the difference - after all, he has stated that you shouldn't bid if you are not happy with the postage, but what you paid for you did not get.

Do you get the opportunity to respond to his response?

Last edited:
unfortunately not :(

I wish I could. The interesting thing is that he's sold another fairly expensive lens but the buyer seems happy, I wonder which method he sent that one (listed as Special Delivery)

I emailed a previous buyer who bought a body from him and it was listed as Special Delivery but he couldn't remember how it was actually sent

People are probably going to look at my feedback, and think I'm the liar

I wish I could. The interesting thing is that he's sold another fairly expensive lens but the buyer seems happy, I wonder which method he sent that one (listed as Special Delivery)

I emailed a previous buyer who bought a body from him and it was listed as Special Delivery but he couldn't remember how it was actually sent

People are probably going to look at my feedback, and think I'm the liar

Yep - get a claim open, I take it they are free? I've never had to do anything like that on Ebay

He is down to 93% feedback, TBH as I don't trust Ebay /Paypal anyway I tend to now shy away from buying anything unless seller has at least 97/98% feedback as it ust isn't worth the risk. I imagine he will be losing sales as a result of you doing exactly the right thing in Negging him so at least you can get some consolation in that!

Back