Unique Photography

Name
Brittany
Edit My Images
No
Warning: Heavy make-up. Haha just thought I'd add that in. Anyways this are a few shots from my last shoot with my friend Sam, it's my second time shooting her and I think this shoot was more successful than our first one :) Although she had to freeze a little, as our Canadian fall is turning into a Canadian winter. And that is not fun :p Sorry for the watermarks :\

Model- Sam
Make-up/Photography/Post Processing- Me
Styling- Kaeri & Sam

A Beautiful Fall
ABeautifulFallwm.jpg

Grounders
Grounderswm.jpg

The Best Way to Die
TheBestWaytoDiewm.jpg

web stock- sxc

Toxic
Toxicwm.jpg

All critique/comments are welcome :)

The pose in the first is all 'wrong'. Did you break her leg to get her to pose that way? ;) And she looks awfully young in that shot!!

As for the other three, I think you may have something there but I'm finding it difficult - too distracted by that eye makeup. Sorry.

I agree about the pose in No1 and the eye make up really doesn't do anything for me but otherwise these are excellent. You have a definate style to your post processing that I really like :) I'd love to see the last one without all the make up

Well, I absolutely love the make-up ... but it really doesnt go with the rest of the model's image.
Id have liked to have seen some kind of extreme high fashion or better still something ethereal/woodnymph in style.

I love the pose in #2 , the expression is spot on for me
... though oddly it does look as if she has a garden hose wrapped around her, and again the knitted top kills the overall look.

You have a gorgeous model and as already said, your processing is lovely, I just think you need to rethink your styling a little more and youll be home & dry! :)

I am with Glo, love the make up, but also agree that the styling needs to be mor ein keeping, of the colour of the make up needed to be more pastels, one or the other.

The pose in #1 is a bit odd, but then if us girls weren't that agile, you fellas would soon be complaining :whistle:

Really liking the processing and the poses in the other 3, as I say, its just the makeup/clothes thing that doesnt quite work together for me. However, great to see something different...and I hope you gace her a big blanket and a tot of brandy afterwards (y)

The pose in #1 is a bit odd, but then if us girls weren't that agile, you fellas would soon be complaining :whistle:

So can you do that pose too Yvonne ;) :LOL:

Yes I completely agree with you all, I think that'll be one of the first things on my checklist to look out for next time (which will be this saturday! :D)

...and I hope you gace her a big blanket and a tot of brandy afterwards (y)

Haha no I didn't actually! :confused: We're not quite legal enough for the brandy yet, but it would've been good, we were all frozen :)

Well, my two cents worth - I think the shots are great. Sure there's room for improvement but hey, if I was shooting images like this when I was 17, I'd have been pretty darned pleased about it...

:)

Pretty Good effort these - keep trying - the hardest things is getting the posing right with an amateur model - OK, maybe the make-up didn't work out quite right this time, but keep experimenting and have fun!
The only technical crit I could make about the images themselves is that they could do with a bit of sharpening - see the 'How-To' elsewhere on this site for various ways of acheiving this...other than that...not bad...

Back