Unreadable DVD disc HELP PLEASE!!!

Name
Charlene
Edit My Images
Yes
i wasn't too sure what section this would go in so apologies if i'm in the wrong one.

basically i did some pictures for a friend and put them onto a dvd disc for her. when she got them she told me they wouldn't read on her laptop, dvd player or x-box.

i sent her another burn and she's saying the same :(

i'm not doing anything different than i normally would ....
shot in RAW, edited in Lightroom, exported as full size j-pegs and then burnt files to disc using VISTA. I've made sure that the option to read on other devices is checked and i've checked it on 2 other laptops before posting and it worked on all my machines.

i'm totally baffled as to why she cant see them on her laptop??? (running windows XP)

can anyone shed some light on what might be happening?

kind regards
charlie :)

it just says on the disc

dvd with a little r underneath it

no plus or minus sign

never had an issue with them before??!!

thanks for the move :)

i didn't even look properly to see if there was a section for it :confused:

Thanks for the replies folks.

It's working now! she rang me last night to say it took about 15 minutes to load up in her laptop??!! apparently its a 5/6 year old dell so maybe it was just a bit sloooow!!

thankfully she's made up with the pictures so panic over! :)

not sure how to archive the thread now though:shrug:

Thanks Gary,
Wasn't sure if I had to do something or if the Mods would do it
Cheers

Its left active just in case someone searches for this topic or comething similar so it will show in search results, very helpful for newcomers who might be a little "shy" about actually asking a question

Only Sales etc.. threads get archived I think. Because your only allowed two posts in the section.

Back