Notice Up date regarding TP hand over.

Cobra

Gregory House
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
We are happy to announce that the forum hand over is almost complete, only one thing remains, and that is something Marcel has been working on for quite sometime, a new server.
To that end, we will shortly be switching over. Unfortunately this is likely to mean TP will be off line, as the transition completes, hopefully it will only be short lived.
However this is now in the hands of the hosts, and no one has control over date, day or time,
But it is fairly imminent. ( less than a week hopefully)
We’ll keep you up to date with any new information as we get it.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited:
Oh dear how will we live without TP for a day :)

Glad you guys have things in hand Chris- thank you to all concrened

Les :)

Good to hear, let's hope we'll only be off-line for a wee while.

Last edited:
Interesting. See you next year then... :)

We've had downtime before, so hopefully it won't be too bad. And us F&C types are patient folk, used to waiting for the light (at the end of the tunnel).

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition :)

PS will/have the new hosts 'tested' the system and will we all need to login again or will it be so smooth that other than downtime we will all be TPing again without noticing anything :)

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition :)

PS will/have the new hosts 'tested' the system and will we all need to login again or will it be so smooth that other than downtime we will all be TPing again without noticing anything :)
Hopefully it'll be a smooth transition the new system will have been tested,
but as per previous times, sometimes things get missed and we rely on RTM's or posts in forum help, for such things (y)

IF a re log in is required and you have forgotten your details, then RTM is the way to go, and not forgetting to add your forum name.
Its takes awhile to dig around and work out who you are, if *you* only supply your real name.
As above though hopefully not.

.noitisnart sselmaes a rof dessorc sregniF :facepalm:

:rolleyes: :tumbleweed: :popcorn: Just how long does it take to catch a hamster and stick it in a new cage? ;)
If you knew Susie that damned hamster as I know that damned hamster you'd understand ....

If you knew Susie that damned hamster as I know that damned hamster you'd understand ....

Keep your peckerdildos to yourselves. (Would the progeny be Cobsters or Hambras?)

Will we need to make a note of our username / pass to log back in after the website comes back online

I have set a preference somewhere for something to remember my password for here (and was pretty sure I knew it anyway - I did!) so clicked on my name near the top right, beside the "Conversations" envelope, selected log out then log in. The password field was pre-filled with asterisks so a dab on the "Show Password" button revealed all.

If you can't remember your password, an attempt to log back in now should give you an option to reset the password, hopefully before the migration to the fresh server/host.

We are happy to announce that the forum hand over is almost complete, only one thing remains, and that is something Marcel has been working on for quite sometime, a new host.
To that end, we will shortly be switching over. Unfortunately this is likely to mean TP will be off line, as the transition completes, hopefully it will only be short lived.
However this is now in the hands of the new hosts, and no one has control over date, day or time,
But it is fairly imminent. ( less than a week hopefully)
We’ll keep you up to date with any new information as we get it.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
A new host? You mean moving the tea and coffee machines, staples, laptop and the biscuit supply from Marcel's front room and into the front room of one of the new CEOs? :cool:

They don't have biscuits - they have cakes.

Will we need to make a note of our username / pass to log back in after the website comes back online
As above hopefully not

If you can't remember your password, an attempt to log back in now should give you an option to reset
(y)

A new host?
An error, the OP is now amended, the hosts remain. Its just the server that is changing.

I have set a preference somewhere for something to remember my password for here (and was pretty sure I knew it anyway - I did!) so clicked on my name near the top right, beside the "Conversations" envelope, selected log out then log in. The password field was pre-filled with asterisks so a dab on the "Show Password" button revealed all.

If you can't remember your password, an attempt to log back in now should give you an option to reset the password, hopefully before the migration to the fresh server/host.

The browser will remember your password and present it to you like this: not the site.

Reactions: Nod
The browser will remember your password and present it to you like this: not the site.

I'll take your word for that! I know something (other than me) did.

An error, the OP is now amended, the hosts remain. Its just the server that is changing.

Will there be a fresh hamster for you to swallow entertain?

I'd suggest a hedgehog skin (all to many available from roadkill) jacket...

So are we!!

You seem to be expecting the server migration to go smoothly... I think you're a bit optimistic there...

You seem to be expecting the server migration to go smoothly... I think you're a bit optimistic there...
Thanks for the vote of confidence (y)

I have every confidence in you guys, though I know how fickle the hosting gods can be :LOL:
I know I was just pulling your leg (y)
And yes we have been here before. It didn't work out too bad last time, so fingers crossed for the same

Once we know I'll post with as much notice as possible,
and updates will be available on the Facebook page

Ooooooooh! I must have missed that TP had a FB presence....................but then again I am not that well versed re: FB even though I am 'there' :LOL:

Ooooooooh! I must have missed that TP had a FB presence
Its been there from day one of TP as far as I know, its not really been publicised, nor does it get much use.

Its been there from day one of TP as far as I know, its not really been publicised, nor does it get much use.

What would be the point? A FB presence would be just place to place messages about a place to place messages.

We are happy to announce that the forum hand over is almost complete, only one thing remains, and that is something Marcel has been working on for quite sometime, a new server.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-GTiaA9h88&t=116s

Back