Up rezing

Name
Derek Wiblin
Edit My Images
Yes
As this is my first post I will intoduce myself, Name is Del and I am in Slough. Greatings to all.

I have a question regarding uprezing.

If you find that you do need to uprez, is it better to do it in Photoshop's image resize or do it in Adobe camera Raw? Or a little in both?

Any thoughts or comments please.

Regards Del

What size do you need? i usually do it in ACR if I need to however ACR does a good job too.

You can also buy separate programs that do this.

What size of image do you want to resize from/to?

Sorry that should have read usually do it in Lightroom if I need to however ACR does a good job too

Hi, the start image is somthing like a little over 9"x a little over 14", at 240 ppi. I want to go up to 12"x16" at 240 ppi.

Thanks Del

Never heard the expression "uprezing" before, i would assume from the replies that it means resizing, i thought at first it was a typo, but as the op used it in the thread title and again in the thread i guess it was not a typo.:thinking:

Resizing can be up or down :)

Upres is increasing the number of pixels.

Hi, the start image is somthing like a little over 9"x a little over 14", at 240 ppi. I want to go up to 12"x16" at 240 ppi.

Thanks Del

Photoshop will do this easily although to be honest, printing a large image like this at your default resolution should be ok. I print 13x19s at 180ppi and they look stunning on my R2400.

Ok thaks for that, from my 350d I think 12x16 is somware around 190 ppi.

Del

PS is fine for increasing image size. Try not to make jumps that are too large though, I've been told it's better to make multiple smaller increases than one large one. As a general rule, try not to increase the total pixel count of an image by more than 2x in any one step.

PS is fine for increasing image size. Try not to make jumps that are too large though, I've been told it's better to make multiple smaller increases than one large one. As a general rule, try not to increase the total pixel count of an image by more than 2x in any one step.

2x is a hell of a big step.

The small steps you mention should be no more than about 10% increments although there is conflicting advice on this.

some say increase in 10% increments....

Others do what they require in one step.

Do what you think works for you. I rarely upres any images. And when I do, I do it in one step.

Back