[UPDATE] Tit Cam 2012......

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
EDIT

NEST APPEARS TO BE ABONDED SO CAMERA IS GOING OFF LINE :(

The Great Tits are back at Chez Gubby (7th year running), we think there are three eggs so far :cool:

If anybody is interested Clicky Here

If you do view the Webcam, please don't leave it streaming. Last year I was uploading 4Gb a day :eek:

* I'll be fiddling with the streaming over the next few days so let me now if it goes missing :help:

Brian

Last edited:
cool....

Goddamnit!
You got me again!
Just like you do every year :D

Nice Going Brian (y)

Not a lot happening this morning, looks like they've covered the eggs and gone out for the day.:D Looked like five eggs in there yesterday around 5pm but difficult to be sure as they keep them covered until they finish laying and start brooding properly. Thanks for putting this up again Brian. (y)

Wasnt expecting that:p

Damn...

I know watching Tits sleep can be "interesting" but can the person who has been viewing the webcam for the last twelve hours :eek: kill their connection please

I know watching Tits sleep can be "interesting" but can the person who has been viewing the webcam for the last twelve hours :eek: kill their connection please

12Hrs?
Is someone watching a different (tit) link to the rest of us?
:D

I was initially disappointed when the title didn't quite match my grubby minds expectations, but that's excellent
Will watch this to see progress
Nice one Brian

Excellent, had a look a few days ago and saw the eggs now the bird is nesting :)

Thanks for that fella

Steve

Have they hit the kill switch yet? :LOL:

How long do the eggs take to hatch? I can't wait for babies (y)

Big Andy said:
Tit cam not working this morning???

it's back on now, somebody had left their PC streaming overnight so i had to kill the connection :(

92.15.138.xx please don't leave your system watching (y)

Has something gone wrong, looked in a few times today but not seen an adult bird in there at all. Hope they've not abandoned the nest.

It's quite normal - particularly if it's a warm day. Female will be back before bedtime though.

I can only see a blur, cant even make out the nest / eggs
Hope they're ok

They haven't visited the nest for a long time

Still not there now.

I think this may well be an abandonment

Not looking good Brian :crying: no sign of life since yesterday morning.

Thats a real shame, last time I looked, 4 days ago, one of the parents were nesting.

Steve

I know its better to open in a new tab but might be best to open the link in the current window, less chance of been kept open by accident.

Steve

Not seen the adults at the Bird feeders either,looks like it's going to be the first failure in eight years :(

But on a positive note, Our Dunnock chicks have flown the nest and are hopping around the back garden :)

Last edited:
Thats a shame, I was looking forward to watching the family grow
Nice try, pity your efforts weren't rewarded as well as they might

Gutted, it was fun watching them last year. I wonder if they will come back and try again. Hopefully a kitty cat didn't get them :(

Thats a shame, I was looking forward to watching the family grow
Nice try, pity your efforts weren't rewarded as well as they might

We've had eight succesful years in a row, that's a pretty good run (y)

Gutted, it was fun watching them last year. I wonder if they will come back and try again. Hopefully a kitty cat didn't get them :(

I'll leave it until the weekend before clearing the nest out but I think its unlikely we'll get another bird in the box this year :thumbsdown:

Might have to source cameras for all the boxes for next year, I've already got one with pan/tilt for watching the Bank Voles :D

Somewhat related, I've had to put the Do Not Use sign back on our office cigarette bin again this year.
As fast as the smokers were filling it up, a pair of tits were emptying it out, throwing the butts all over the car park.
They won the battle, and the bin now contains dried grass and about three eggs; the smokers are using a bucket full of sand.

Smokers standing too close to he old bin get yelled at from a nearby tree. :D

Set up something that refreshes the page after X minutes and kills the connection, maybe.

UPDATE

Well there is good news and bad news.....

There has been no sign of the adults in the last week so it looks like it's a no-go this year :(

BUT

The nest box has been adopted by a Bumble Bee, it's made itself an nice little tunnel down into the nest :D

It's only in and out every 10 mins, if it gets more active or has young I'll stream that instead (y)

I've always fancied studying their beehiveiour .........

Back