Uploading Photos

Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and I'd like to upload a photo or two to see what everyone thinks :p ...question is how do I do it? :confused-

You got your own webspace? If you do use the image tags like this but miss out the asterisk

[*img]http://www.yoursitename.co.uk/whatever the folder is/filename.jpg[/img]

If you don't PM EosD and he'll set you up with a gallery

Hi Dave - from just down the road. I could spend ten minutes explaining how....or I could just point you to here. Have a good read of all the photo posting rules, image sizes etc, otherwise you'll have the Post Police after you :thumb: :D Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

regards

dod said:
You got your own webspace? If you do use the image tags like this but miss out the asterisk

[*img]http://www.yoursitename.co.uk/whatever the folder is/filename.jpg[/img]

If you don't PM EosD and he'll set you up with a gallery

..I think I have some as I'm with NTL, but I have no idea how to use it! Think I best send EosD a PM! :icon_eek:

stepheno said:
Hi Dave - from just down the road. I could spend ten minutes explaining how....or I could just point you to here. Have a good read of all the photo posting rules, image sizes etc, otherwise you'll have the Post Police after you :thumb: :D Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

regards

...always nice to meet someone local! :LOL: ... I've dug out some old information about my NTL account, found the url for my webspace, just downloading an FTP client... the pictures I was going to upload have been resized to approximately 1024x768, not sure if thats too big!! :icon_eek:

David - Hi from just down the road also ;)

The photos need to be less than 800px on the widest dimension ideally. Give a shout if you have problems with NTL as I use my NTL space quite a lot for posting photos.

Matt

feenster said:
David - Hi from just down the road also ;)

The photos need to be less than 800px on the widest dimension ideally. Give a shout if you have problems with NTL as I use my NTL space quite a lot for posting photos.

Matt

..Hello Matt! I thought I'd post the url rather than post the photos directly, I hope this is ok! :eyesup:

DavidUK said:
the pictures I was going to upload have been resized to approximately 1024x768, not sure if thats too big!! :icon_eek:

It is too big to post directly in a thread here David. Our max permitted size is 800 pixels along the longest side and a max file size of 160kb, which is ample as long as the pics are properly optimized for web viewing when you reduce them. You can post a link to larger off site images though if you wish. :)

EosD (Matty) will provide you with an album in Gallery here if you PM him and all uploaded images are automatically resized to our max for Gallery anyway.

CT said:
It is too big to post directly in a thread here David. Our max permitted size is 800 pixels along the longest side and a max file size of 160kb, which is ample as long as the pics are properly optimized for web viewing when you reduce them. You can post a link to larger off site images though if you wish. :)

EosD (Matty) will provide you with an album in Gallery here if you PM him and all uploaded images are automatically resized to our max for Gallery anyway.

..I posted a link to my NTL webspace rather than post direct links.. I hope this is ok, I will PM EosD for an album I think, this might be an easier option for future posts! :)

Back