Uploading Photos

Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and I'd like to upload a photo or two to see what everyone thinks :p ...question is how do I do it? :confused-

dod

Droopy
Staff member
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
You got your own webspace? If you do use the image tags like this but miss out the asterisk

[*img]http://www.yoursitename.co.uk/whatever the folder is/filename.jpg[/img]

If you don't PM EosD and he'll set you up with a gallery

S

stepheno

Hi Dave - from just down the road. I could spend ten minutes explaining how....or I could just point you to here. Have a good read of all the photo posting rules, image sizes etc, otherwise you'll have the Post Police after you :thumb: :D Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

regards

OP
OP
DavidUK
Edit My Images
No
dod said:
You got your own webspace? If you do use the image tags like this but miss out the asterisk

[*img]http://www.yoursitename.co.uk/whatever the folder is/filename.jpg[/img]

If you don't PM EosD and he'll set you up with a gallery
..I think I have some as I'm with NTL, but I have no idea how to use it! Think I best send EosD a PM! :icon_eek:

OP
OP
DavidUK
Edit My Images
No
stepheno said:
Hi Dave - from just down the road. I could spend ten minutes explaining how....or I could just point you to here. Have a good read of all the photo posting rules, image sizes etc, otherwise you'll have the Post Police after you :thumb: :D Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

regards

...always nice to meet someone local! :LOL: ... I've dug out some old information about my NTL account, found the url for my webspace, just downloading an FTP client... the pictures I was going to upload have been resized to approximately 1024x768, not sure if thats too big!! :icon_eek:

Edit My Images
Yes
David - Hi from just down the road also ;)

The photos need to be less than 800px on the widest dimension ideally. Give a shout if you have problems with NTL as I use my NTL space quite a lot for posting photos.

Matt

OP
OP
DavidUK
Edit My Images
No
feenster said:
David - Hi from just down the road also ;)

The photos need to be less than 800px on the widest dimension ideally. Give a shout if you have problems with NTL as I use my NTL space quite a lot for posting photos.

Matt
..Hello Matt! I thought I'd post the url rather than post the photos directly, I hope this is ok! :eyesup:

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
DavidUK said:
the pictures I was going to upload have been resized to approximately 1024x768, not sure if thats too big!! :icon_eek:
It is too big to post directly in a thread here David. Our max permitted size is 800 pixels along the longest side and a max file size of 160kb, which is ample as long as the pics are properly optimized for web viewing when you reduce them. You can post a link to larger off site images though if you wish. :)

EosD (Matty) will provide you with an album in Gallery here if you PM him and all uploaded images are automatically resized to our max for Gallery anyway.

OP
OP
DavidUK
Edit My Images
No
CT said:
It is too big to post directly in a thread here David. Our max permitted size is 800 pixels along the longest side and a max file size of 160kb, which is ample as long as the pics are properly optimized for web viewing when you reduce them. You can post a link to larger off site images though if you wish. :)

EosD (Matty) will provide you with an album in Gallery here if you PM him and all uploaded images are automatically resized to our max for Gallery anyway.
..I posted a link to my NTL webspace rather than post direct links.. I hope this is ok, I will PM EosD for an album I think, this might be an easier option for future posts! :)