B&W Urban Misty Morning

Excellent set full of lovely contrast and moodiness

A thumbs up from me , Very good.

Great set of images, Dean. I particularly like the final one.

I see that these were taken on an RX100 VII and that most had a fairly long exposure time. I am curious about what is possible. Do you mind if I ask if they were handheld?

Like these (y)

Great set of images, Dean. I particularly like the final one.

I see that these were taken on an RX100 VII and that most had a fairly long exposure time. I am curious about what is possible. Do you mind if I ask if they were handheld?
Yes they were all handheld.

The last one was really really intended to be a colour shot but when I'd processed the others as black and white I tried it on that one too.

If I manage to get what I intended out of the colour shot I'll post that version here but I struggled a bit with the processing.

Very nice set of urban style captures Dean, liking all of these very much.

Yes they were all handheld.

The last one was really really intended to be a colour shot but when I'd processed the others as black and white I tried it on that one too.

If I manage to get what I intended out of the colour shot I'll post that version here but I struggled a bit with the processing.
Thanks Dean.

I’ve been thinking about an RX100 VII for some time. All of these images have a lot of appeal for me and could imagine using in similar conditions. However, with the one inch sensor, I have wondered about its low light/high ISO performance. I’ve not been able to view your images on a large screen yet but they look pretty good to me. May I ask if you using any special de-noise software in post?

As for the last image, I’d be interested to see the colour version if you get it to something you are happy with.

Thanks again!

However, with the one inch sensor, I have wondered about its low light/high ISO performance. I’ve not been able to view your images on a large screen yet but they look pretty good to me. May I ask if you using any special de-noise software in post?
I haven't seen them on a large screen either so I'll be interested too, when I do so tomorrow.
I didn't use any special de-noise software other than Lightroom for Ipad. I'd guess that the closer you look, the more noise you'll find.

I haven't seen them on a large screen either so I'll be interested too, when I do so tomorrow.
I didn't use any special de-noise software other than Lightroom for Ipad. I'd guess that the closer you look, the more noise you'll find.
Thanks Dean - very helpful. As you say, it’ll be very interesting to have a closer look.

One way or another, these are great images.

As for the last image, I’d be interested to see the colour version if you get it to something you are happy with.

Andrew..... This is the image that I first intended when taking the stair shot. It's a different composition and taken at a different focal length but is what I first saw. The red lights caught my eye and then I saw the traffic cone and something about it appealed to me. I'm still not totally convinced about the shot now though.

Stair light by NPUK, on Flickr

Hi again Dean.

I really like the traffic cone and numbers in the foreground of this version. The puddles add something too.

For what it’s worth, I prefer the b&w presentation to colour.

I’m away from home for a while so haven’t managed to look at the images on a large screen yet and it’ll be a while before I can but am keen to look when I get the opportunity.

Love the last one, the colours composition, great. Also really liked the first set!

Back