Beginner Urgent Help Nikon D600 Error

Name
Damen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I got a “ERR” message on my d600, ive cleaned lens connectors etc, took battery out and cards etc, waited 30 mins and put them in again, still got the message.

The camera turns on ok etc

When i push the shutter down it does a click and like a Charging noise, but no picture.

The lenses work on my other D600 all ok

Any one help?

If a reset doesn't sort it, it could be the shutter itself. How many actuations has it done?

Also check that the mirror hasn't stuck.

I'm no expert BTW, this is just what I've heard along the way . . .

If a reset doesn't sort it, it could be the shutter itself. How many actuations has it done?

Also check that the mirror hasn't stuck.

I'm no expert BTW, this is just what I've heard along the way . . .

How do you do a reset?

Mirror moves freely

The camera has done 21k actuations

Thanks i will watch it tonight, it died on me in the middle of a wedding

Press the shutter button harder than usual. This normally clears an ERR. Although, if it comes back again you could be in trouble.

Time for a call to NPS.

Just check that if the lens has an aperture ring, it hasn't moved off minimum aperture. I used to see this sometimes on my D610, and it would cause a moment of panic before I remembered to check the aperture & return it to minimum setting.

Sorted guys

I took the lens off and messed with the aperture leaver arm, lifted the mirror up while i did this, and i press the shutter button and bam, started snapping away.

Sorted guys

I took the lens off and messed with the aperture leaver arm, lifted the mirror up while i did this, and i press the shutter button and bam, started snapping away.

Excellent. If it stays fixed then happy days. If not then you have a problem with the aperture lever - that's one of the medium priced things that can cause an ERR (more expensive than bad contacts, cheaper than a new shutter :) ). If it comes back then it's a job for NPS or Fixation.

Excellent. If it stays fixed then happy days. If not then you have a problem with the aperture lever - that's one of the medium priced things that can cause an ERR (more expensive than bad contacts, cheaper than a new shutter :) ). If it comes back then it's a job for NPS or Fixation.

Hopfully it was just a one off but ye your right there if its to expensive ill buy a new camera and trade that one in.

Back