Used Nikon 70-300 vr price drop?

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought lenses held their value unlike bodies, but I noticed one going on here for £180 recently, and somebody saying £200 was too much to pay for one, is there any reason why this previously £300 plus lens has dropped in price?

Grey imports and refurbished copies don't help when trying to sell any kit these day's.
A friend of mine did a trade with LCE for his boxed mint 70-300mm VR who gave him a very fare price in p/x £220 for a s/h AFS 18-200 VR that was priced at under £300 and when they were first released they demanded a very high price, above the RRT.
In fact if memory serves me right I paid around £800 for my 1st 18-300mm just after it's release.

I thought lenses held their value unlike bodies, but I noticed one going on here for £180 recently, and somebody saying £200 was too much to pay for one, is there any reason why this previously £300 plus lens has dropped in price?

No it's fine, the £180 was below average (£200 is about the lowest average on ebay, so you could argue £180 is just cutting out the eBay middle man).

It was a good price so I snagged it despite not really needing it, if you can get another copy as good for that price that's great but anyone expecting that to be the normal price is probably going to be disappointed.

Thanks Simon, I didn't know it was you who bought it, I already have one but like you, I thought that price was almost too good to be true, well done.

Back