User access gallery - wordpress or other solution?

Name
Imran
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm working on a project where I need to create a user access system for clients to view their images. I'm familiar with Wordpress and was hoping to utilise that format unless someone can come up with a quicker solution that might be readily available.

Ideally what I'm looking for it to do is;

1) user enters username and password to access their own images
2) user can select images they like
3) Depending on number of images selected they make a payment and I get an email. I won't be providing prints for these clients, only on a disc which I'll do myself.

The total number of clients is 50.

Any help would be appreciated.

#1 is easy. 2nd part of #3 is easy.

Users selecting the images they like then you auto billing them based on the number will be much more difficult. If you could make it a flat rate and they receive all images on disk, Wordpress is more than up to the task.

If you're happy to pay for what you want, have a look at Photocart.

Last edited:
You could try Zenfolio. It has all the features you need built in. The level you need is "Premium UK" which is £100 per year.

You would set the ordering up as "Self Fulfilment" and there is a 5 % commission to pay on these orders.

Don't know if this might help??

Thanks for the feedback so far. I forgot to mention that the site only needs to be live for a month and I have a domain I would like to use. I did look at Zenfolio but the year contract put me off. Having a look at Photocart now.

I've browsed through the forum and found a mention to User Access Manager as a plugin for Wordpress. Playing around with that now. Also I think Nextgen and Photocrati as a plugin might do the job. Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Sadly at $329 PhotoCart is a little out of my budget considering this particular project is very short term.

I think I've found the solution with NextGen and Photocrati. I'm just trying to configure it all now. With regards to the budget I don't mind paying for a plugin up to about £50 as long as it ticks a lot of boxes. This project for now is a one off and until I know this is something that will continue to pay I don't really want to splash money on this that is for now really only short term.

Back