Using a shoot through umbrella with LED light pack?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Just wondering if there 's any issues doing this? I.e heat generated etc.

I'm a photographer but just bought an LED light pack for when using flash isn't possible or would be distracting. As I expected the light is quite flat and harsh but looks great through a shoot through umbrella.. However for use of say 40 mins constant use I have no idea if it generates heat or any other issues... Wouldn't want to burn down a wedding venue :D

Any advice would be great :)

you'll be fine, don't know what one you bought... but LEDs give out very little heat.

main problem is just the light that it'll suck out, from an already relatively weak source for stills

you'll be fine, don't know what one you bought... but LEDs give out very little heat.

main problem is just the light that it'll suck out, from an already relatively weak source for stills

Thanks for the info :)

Sucking a lot of the light out us ideal tbh as I'm thinking of using it to add just a really tiny amount of diffused light on a couple during their ceremony where there's nowhere to bounce flash and its über dark. I considered off camera flash but that could be distracting, whereas constant diffused light wouldn't be :)

nice one. I use a small LED panel, which is dimmable with no shift in colour temp, for some low light stuff, works well too

Back