Valentine's day

Name
Eva
Edit My Images
No
Absolutely out of focus, but how does everybody feel about Valentine's day? Are you planning to do something special or nah?

Whilst the missus isn’t a typical girly-girl and never been interested in flowers and stuff like that through the year, Valentine’s Day is the one day she does expect romantic gifts.

So every year I will do something simple like large bouquet of roses, some sort of chocolate/sweet (this year I went with brownies), a card and a meal. This year will be the same except a delivered takeaway from her favourite restaurant.

Nothing really special, just a movie night and the delivery from our favorite place. Usually we just do chocolates and flowers and smartshow 3d romantic slideshows, so this year is nothing different.

Neither of us has done anything for the last 32 years so can't see this one being any different.

Guess I will have to spend it with the wife this year. Last year I went to a gig in London with my two sons. :)
She'll probably get some flowers and a card. She's partial to Lindt chocolate, so some of those too.

With 2 teen girls in the house [and a very needy kitten!] unlikely we'd get to do anything romantic in peace - not that we have in a long time. In the earlier days sure, used to buy her flowers and chocs but she'd always say it was a waste, she's not really into it but it was an excuse to get a sitter and go for a nice meal. Now we'd prefer spend the monies on decent take away and a few bottles cheap wine, watch some daft comedy with the girls then they go back to their caves and they might hear the feint sound of our bedroom door lock before sticking their headphones on in disgust :ROFLMAO:

Well, I'd book a table at the best restaurant in town but unfortunately it's closed.

Any man can treat a woman right for one night .. but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life

Very true, this is another reason we call it 'Hallmark day' because they are really the only ones who get anything relevant from it. We'd use it as an excuse like I say, to get away from the kids for a meal but we'd both joke about it being a load of BS while eating :D

Just asked her what we were getting each other ,, it went from f*** off to nnnnnnnooooo in two easy stages , neither of us have ever bothered , but it’s pancake day soon after so I will get some treats soon

same as the last 32 years nothing everything is over priced

A dozen roses: £20
A box of chocolates: £10,
A Valentines Day card: £5,
A Table for 2 £100

Still having £135 because I am single
Priceless

We normally go out for a meal but again that will be out the window this year.

If I bought Mrs Nod flowers, she'd wonder what I'd been up to!

I've just got Mrs WW a small prezzie off that massive famous internet seller, a bar of whole nut (her favourite) and a card. Dunno what she'll get me, she's probably forgotten but it doesn't matter as I always give the best prezzies :D

If she asks what I want I'll request some home made ice cream. Yum Yum.

We were supposed to be going to a zoo to 'Tickle a Tapir' - but in lieu of that he's ordered a nice meal to be delivered and I've got him a couple of little things. A personalised activity dice, a scratch off map of the UK National Parks to tick off once we've hiked in them and this badge as we will be able to scratch off Dartmoor and it was our favourite hike of 2020.

I have bought him a Metalbat!

We were supposed to be going to a zoo to 'Tickle a Tapir'
I can't remember what zoo park it was, now as it must be 3 years ago, but there is a Tapir there loves a good scratch,
especially behind the ears. And as rough as you like too :D

( not an add on just a happy tapir (y) )

edit, possibly CWP

Last edited:
Its the missus's birthday on Valentines day. I've got her a couple of things she wanted...

Cook her a nice Sunday Roast, watch Ireland vs France and do some shots

We dont because historically we haven't for the last 30 odd years.. well not since early days... with a house full of kids it always seemed a waste and spare money usually went on them... now they all left home its just stayed that way ... Sounds depressing but its not :)

Back