Vanguard Monopod VEO AM 264TR

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone used this tripod ? Looking to get one with feet for a bit more stability. Will be using it with Canon 7d Mk I and Sigma 150-600? Have not seen it in person only on internet and any help would be appreciated.

Not got or used this variant of a monopod but if you are getting it in anticipation of relying on it to hold the long lensed rig without you keeping hold of it then I hope you have insurance! Even then "they" if you told them how the damage happened may not pay out.

The potential for imbalance and kit hitting the ground is IMO too high. Yes, perhaps OK for a small light camera in windless conditions...........but bigger kit even if properly balanced, too risky for my taste.

A simple monopod can be worth a couple of stops of steadiness compared with hand-holding - a bit less important in these days of VR - or just help to support the weight of heavy equipment. One with feet won't really add to these virtues, except that you can 'park' it, but I wouldn't normally leave go of it with the camera in situ! And it'll be less comfortable on uneven ground. Neither will it be much use for long exposures since it lacks a tripod's relative rigidity.

Last edited:
My principal use for a monopod is as a walking aid over slippery ground. And if friends ask "are you using a walking stick these days?" I can say "no, it's a camera support"! Oh, and my monopod is a Vanguard. Good quality and not expensive. But it's only got one leg.

Hi Jabbermack Thanks for your reply the monopod looked a useful addition especially when in a bird hide with very little room to put a tripod. I will certainly have a look at the shoulder pads.

Back