Vaping and driving

It's a combination of quantity, time and the level of natural sodium in the body. Get the combination wrong and it's fatal, If the sodium level is good and the period of time over which the water or any fluid for that matter isn't too short the kidneys can cope with it and there won't be any adverse effects.

Your natural idea of natural possibly natural matches the measurement of your skull

Yes I can see just behind me through my peripheral vision, both to the left and to the right. As I sit here with my back to a wall I can see the wall to either side and it is a good 5"-6" behind me.

I'm talking about the blind spot. You know, when you change lanes on the motorway and turn your head to check the blind spot not covered by your wing mirror? That's the only reason I need to turn my head to the right when driving as it s for everybody else.

So, contrary to what you said earlier,being blind in one eye doesn't affect ones ability to drive.

I'm talking about the blind spot. You know, when you change lanes on the motorway and turn your head to check the blind spot not covered by your wing mirror? That's the only reason I need to turn my head to the right when driving as it s for everybody else.

So, contrary to what you said earlier,being blind in one eye doesn't affect ones ability to drive.
Yes I can see pretty much all the blind spot, but there are other blind spots such as junctions that I have mentioned earlier, and for those I do need to turn my head as well as shift in my seat, many times I have been one of those cars approaching from the right and have had countless cars pulling out on me as they haven't seen me or just don't care. I usually position my car to aid them seeing me approaching from a better angle, but for some it either doesn't help or still don't care and pull out.

Yes I can see pretty much all the blind spot

I think the blind spot is a little further than 5 or 6 inches behind you. Or are you saying the blind sop doesn't actually exist for you?

but there are other blind spots such as junctions that I have mentioned earlier, and for those I do need to turn my head as well as shift in my sea

So it's ok to turn your head to see the blind spot? So, can you explain how being blind in one eye affect someone's ability to drive. I can use my mirrors and turn my head to check the blind spot so I really don't think it affects my ability to drive.

I think the blind spot is a little further than 5 or 6 inches behind you. Or are you saying the blind sop doesn't actually exist for you?

So it's ok to turn your head to see the blind spot? So, can you explain how being blind in one eye affect someone's ability to drive. I can use my mirrors and turn my head to check the blind spot so I really don't think it affects my ability to drive.
My point is that you will need to turn your head further to see the blind spot, that is more time that you are not looking straight ahead or able to see to your left. That means you would need to drive slower or in the case of the junctions I mentioned earlier, you would need to stop. A simple mirror, your blind spot is drastically reduced and you don't need to slow or stop.

Yes I can see just behind me through my peripheral vision, both to the left and to the right. As I sit here with my back to a wall I can see the wall to either side and it is a good 5"-6" behind me.

If you lost sight in one eye chances are you would not be allowed to drive until a QUALIFIED person (doctor or optician) said you had adapted to the loss,
normally about 3/4 months
So please do not assume that shutting one eye for a few minutes gives you a good indication of things, it's a lot more complex
then just affecting field of vision.
You have also assumed that this how it is for me, if you go back and check I said I am "almost" blind not totally
My employers know and have no problem with it

It was your intimation that being blind in the right eye meant that Ingrid wouldn't be able to turn her head far enough to see out the rear right hand passenger window without shifting position in her seat.

Actually Marc, because of my job I rarely do look through the rear passenger window, not having one most of the time tends
to make me not really need it, now does any one know how to cut the wires on the damn parking sensors :LOL:

Last edited:
My point is that you will need to turn your head further to see the blind spot, that is more time that you are not looking straight ahead or able to see to your left. That means you would need to drive slower or in the case of the junctions I mentioned earlier, you would need to stop. A simple mirror, your blind spot is drastically reduced and you don't need to slow or stop.

Seriously? It's a minute difference, a matter of millimetres! No difference in time taken whatsoever!

Damn things start as soon as select reverse :banghead::runaway: even when there's nothing behind
Is that not the external bleeper to warn other people that you are reversing?

Is that not the external bleeper to warn other people that you are reversing?

Come on we are talking RM here, no it's the normal warning one that is sup[posed to tell you how close you are to something when reversing,
luckily I never rely on it

How about your house or the sensor needs a clean.:D

Hmm you suggesting I need to do more housework :bat:
It's the works van, rarely comes home with me

Seriously? It's a minute difference, a matter of millimetres! No difference in time taken whatsoever!
Years ago cars didn't have wing or door mirrors, they became law on new cars so people didn't have to take their eyes off the road so much, most modern cars have split glass mirrors so that a lot of the blind spot can also be observed without the need for distorted mirror glass and to further reduce the amount of time you need to take your eyes of the direction in which you are travelling. Why would you be so resistant to something that could improve that for you even further?

Years ago cars didn't have wing or door mirrors, they became law on new cars so people didn't have to take their eyes off the road so much, most modern cars have split glass mirrors so that a lot of the blind spot can also be observed without the need for distorted mirror glass and to further reduce the amount of time you need to take your eyes of the direction in which you are travelling. Why would you be so resistant to something that could improve that for you even further?

What am I being resistant to? All I've said is that I can turn my head far enough to see properly though the rear passenger window when necessary despite being virtually blind in one eye. When it's not necessary, I use the mirrors.

Or are you going to shift the goalposts again?

Legally, it's still not necessary to have a mirror on the passenger side at all if there's an interior rear view mirror in the vehicle.

What am I being resistant to? All I've said is that I can turn my head far enough to see properly though the rear passenger window when necessary despite being virtually blind in one eye. When it's not necessary, I use the mirrors.

Or are you going to shift the goalposts again?
I haven't shifted any goalposts. You are just not reading what I have written, there are some junctions where you are facing away from the oncoming traffic from your right, The angle is very acute, basically where your rear pillar is, A normal door mirror won't pick up the traffic, nor will simply looking out of the rear passenger window, even with the use of two eyes it is very difficult to see.

Legally, it's still not necessary to have a mirror on the passenger side at all if there's an interior rear view mirror in the vehicle.
Commercial vehicles must have both

Commercial vehicles must have both

You really should read/think before you post, you don't know everything, very few commercial vehicles have an interior rear view mirror
and before you say it, no it is not a legal requirement to have an interior mirror fitted in every commercial vehicle, no point if
there is no rear view through the van/lorry

Last edited:
I haven't shifted any goalposts. You are just not reading what I have written, there are some junctions where you are facing away from the oncoming traffic from your right, The angle is very acute, basically where your rear pillar is, A normal door mirror won't pick up the traffic, nor will simply looking out of the rear passenger window, even with the use of two eyes it is very difficult to see.

I'm reading just fine thank you but I'm still not getting where my ability to drive is being affected which is what your original point was.

You talk about the use of mirrors and that you can see 5-6 inches behind you without turning your head then you start talking about the rear pillar. Pretty sure you can't see that without turning your head. If I turn my head, I an see the rear pillar so I will ask you:

In what way is my ability to drive affected given that I can se my mirrors just as easily as you and, where it is necessary, I can turn my head to view a blind spot just as easily as you?

Straight answer please.

I think a vaping liquid infused with some Nederwiet is required in this thread. OMG Cant believe nilagin is still advocating we shouldn't do anything ANYTHING else but stare ahead of us with two arms firmly planted on the steering wheel.

There is a lot of mileage in this :)

You really should read/think before you post, you don't know everything, very few commercial vehicles have an interior rear view mirror
and before you say it, no it is not a legal requirement to have an interior mirror fitted,in every commercial vehicle, no point if

Exactly. :)
I think, rather than questioning your comprehension, Nilagin should question his own! :D

Oh, and just for the record @nilagin , it's perfectly possible to take, and pass, your practical driving test if you are physically unable to look over either shoulder.

and before you say it, no it is not a legal requirement to have an interior mirror fitted in every commercial vehicle, no point if
Door mirrors, both door mirrors.(y)

I'm reading just fine thank you but I'm still not getting where my ability to drive is being affected which is what your original point was.

You talk about the use of mirrors and that you can see 5-6 inches behind you without turning your head then you start talking about the rear pillar. Pretty sure you can't see that without turning your head. If I turn my head, I an see the rear pillar so I will ask you:

In what way is my ability to drive affected given that I can se my mirrors just as easily as you and, where it is necessary, I can turn my head to view a blind spot just as easily as you?

Straight answer please.
Straight answer is, as I've already said at least once, if you can't see properly out of your right eye, you need to turn your head further for your left eye to view it properly, that is unless you have had the bridge of your nose removed. Having to move your head that much further, as I have already said, means you see less to your left.
It really is that simple. You are just overcomplicating and misreading things, I never said nor implied I can see the rear pillar without turning my head. I said I can see out of the rear passenger window without turning my head. But the fact remains you will need to turn your head further than me to see out of the rear passenger window properly in the direction of the rear pillar.

I think a vaping liquid infused with some Nederwiet is required in this thread. OMG Cant believe nilagin is still advocating we shouldn't do anything ANYTHING else but stare ahead of us with two arms firmly planted on the steering wheel.

There is a lot of mileage in this :)
Jog on and learn to read.

Back