Varying Second hand prices?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Is it common for items on sale to trend at very different prices...
I remember last year I wanted a 35mm 1.8g they averaged for £100 to £120 I managed to get one for £90 and was very happy...
Now there seems to be no sub £130 35mm 1.8 lenses on selling pages etc..

I also remember the 85mm 1.8g ranging from £200-250 now I want one... these are all £300-£350 do you guys often notice trends on lenses which massively increase or decrease?
I can only assume an increase in price on mbp etc increases sale prices on Facebook, gumtree and classified?

I would imagine it is due to Nikon increasing all their prices so the second hand market will follow that trend too

Yes Nikon increased new prices by approx. 30% 2-3 years ago and then another 20% a year or 2 later.
Other camera companies applies similar increases.

You can see the average price was over £180 for first half of this year but has dropped since

Attachments

• 35dx.JPG
    35dx.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 23
A few years ago the second hand market was dictated by completed prices on e.bay , these days it tends to be by what m.p.b are either offering or selling for . Really hard to put rhyme or reason to it .
The rise of good mirrorless bodies has pushed up the price of legacy lenses to but the current trend towards full frame mirrorless is leading to a lot of low priced starter kits to appear fairly cheaply , Nikon’s one new body a month plan of a few years ago is not helping either as there now flooding the low end of the market with tatty used bodies and kit lenses .
BTW the cheapest used website I have found is camera jungle .good prices and good service

A few years ago the second hand market was dictated by completed prices on e.bay , these days it tends to be by what m.p.b are either offering or selling for . Really hard to put rhyme or reason to it .
The rise of good mirrorless bodies has pushed up the price of legacy lenses to but the current trend towards full frame mirrorless is leading to a lot of low priced starter kits to appear fairly cheaply , Nikon’s one new body a month plan of a few years ago is not helping either as there now flooding the low end of the market with tatty used bodies and kit lenses .
BTW the cheapest used website I have found is camera jungle .good prices and good service

Most are now based on what MPB are offering, sold a few things recently and didn't make much more than their initial quote. Just a load of hassle of people wanting mint, low shutter count items for 50p!

Back