Velbon Sherpa 250 Tripod

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got experience of this tripod? I was hoping it would fit the bill for general indoor / outdoor / possible macro shots? It's around £60 which is about my budget & I will use it with my D50 / 18-70mm / 70-300mm
Other alternatives in this price range welcome incld what to look out for 2nd hand :naughty:
TIA - Paul ;)
PS - Nothing to large / heavy please :nono:

i got the sherpa head, good head, sturdy. I bought seperate legs though as i dont like the idea of spindly legs on my tripod....

matty said:
i got the sherpa head, good head, sturdy. I bought seperate legs though as i dont like the idea of spindly legs on my tripod....
Matty - thanks - so I presume the head will fit my requirements but the legs are a bit on the spindly side (?) But for occasional use should it be OK (?)
Paul ;)

PaulBoy said:
Matty - thanks - so I presume the head will fit my requirements but the legs are a bit on the spindly side (?) But for occasional use should it be OK (?)
Paul ;)
Hopefully a good buy for £10 & carriage :clap: - gotta love Ebay :D
Paul

if the head is detachable then you can upgrade the legs later on, i will find that link for the damned legs i got when i get on the main machine tomorrow evening

matty said:
if the head is detachable then you can upgrade the legs later on, i will find that link for the damned legs i got when i get on the main machine tomorrow evening
Matty - that'd be spot on thanks & no less than I'd expect from a fellow PF fan! (looking forward to Pulse DVD next month?) Paul (y)

matty said:
Matty - any update yet (?) btw I am no tripod expert but the legs on this Velbon dont appear "spindly" to me - did you take it up the north face of the Eiger or something :LOL:
Paul (y)

IanC_UK said:
I think thats a bit personal for a family site ;) ROFLMAO
Sorry ! :)
Ian - that's a twisted mind you've got in there :eek: I'm sure no-one else thought I was talking about that :thinking:
Matty - That Smick one sure looks "chunky" enough (y)
Paul ;)

Back