Velvia 50 in 4x5

Edit My Images
Yes
There was much fuss raised in 2013 when Fuji "discontinued" Velvia 50 in 4x5 sheets. However, they continued the sale of 4x5 sheets in Japan only, and you could only get it in other countries via import. Their page on Velvia 50 doesn't mention 4x5 sheets, and I feel like it did until recently. Is it still in production as of 2020, or did they recently discontinue it in Japan too, altogether?

While I don't know the answer to this, I believe that quite a lot of film has/had been made in bulk and cold-stored for later sale. It may be that Fuji just decided to reserve limited stocks for Japan, and maybe those are now exhausted? I don't think they would have carried on production for Japan only, it just wouldn't make sense. Their really big problem is re-scaling downwards from a huge market to a relatively tiny one, for which the old production facilities are way out of scale. IMHO of course...

I believe that quite a lot of film has/had been made in bulk and cold-stored for later sale

Probably also had too much 35mm in storage (or thought film use was ending) and released it to Poundland known as Vista....we know it's Fuji c200 and it also says on the box "made in Japan" now they have run out of stock are probably not geared up for mass production again.

Last edited:
Back