venice

Edit My Images
Yes
n2il1e.jpg

35ltevp.jpg

1zfu3gz.jpg

I like the pasty tones in your artistic intent.
#3 my pick, a classic.

I prefer the monochrome version of #1 which I have seen somewhere else but #3 is a winner.

I also like the 3rd one. It looks like Venice in mid-winter. Very atmospheric.

Very cool take…
why are all rendition different to the others?
…a common artistic intent would be quite desirable.

thanks for looking. i start off with the same basic settings and adjust accordingly. there doesn't seem to be a "one size fits all" recipe.
also, possibly, different weather conditions and different lenses. i'm still experimenting to find what i'm after. :)

i'm still experimenting to find what i'm after

Don't get me wrong, all renditions have something to offer and I appreciate
them all… but that "album" look… take your time, keep experimenting!

I was coping very happily with the first four…
but with these two, you loose me. Sorry.

3rd one on the first set and 1st on these last 2..
I like the soft colourtones in that 3rd one and the bold more contrasty punch to the 1St of the last set..
Over all very pleasing in all of them :)

thanks for the comments. i think i might have overdone the processing so i re did the last two.

2ptyomh.jpg

nffnmh.jpg

thanks for looking.
i was aiming for a 1970's style of photograph but think i need to make it a bit less obvious.
i don't use instagram but would assume it's not a good look. :)

Must admit I'd never really thought about this city in fog and rain - only seen photographs of it in summertime.

I like these and the last two after your edit. I don't know if you could be bothered but they might look more interesting in mono with this effect you're creating/applying.

Nice work.

#3 of the first post stands out, it's an excellent shot. The #1 shot in post 10 is not quite there, but I think could have been with a little more space to breath in the composition - just a little tight on every edge.

thanks looking.
i did try black and white for some of them but the details in the colour versions seemed to separate better.

the first shot in post 10 was taken from under a bridge so i cropped to remove it hence the lack of space at the top.

The shot for me is the third one of your first posting. I would argue for a chunk off the right hand to concentrate the eye a bit more. Turn it into a 5 x 4.

5x4.jpg

thanks for the comments.
the problems with the crop (for me) is the pole is now virtually dead centre instead of being slightly off and the extra water on the rhs (on the original) gave the approaching boat somewhere to go. (plus the rhs vignette has vanished)

Back