Very Cross

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Shot in a light tent on a sheet of black acrylic. That stuff is so staticy, dust was an absolute nightmare!

Fountain%20Pen%20Tryptich.jpg

800 pixels doesn't really do the detail justice -

Larger version here.

:)

Lovely stuff Paul, great lighting and love the reflections. Very, very well shot :)

I had to have a look at the larger shot... And I am glad I did Paul... Very well done it looks like a very nice product shot imho.

MD

That really is a stunning picture, liking it all from subject, to reflections to frames.

Wow thanks for the great feedback all. I really appreciate your kind comments :)

Tried this after seeing something similar in a book (Still life and special effects photography: a guide to professional lighting ... By Roger Hicks, Frances Schultz).

Remember the bloomin dust, so I know what a pain it must have been for you.
Great results, much better than what I got.

Wow thanks for the great feedback all. I really appreciate your kind comments :)

Sorry Paul but these are not kind comments... BUT honest comments..!!!! Had it been carp and we said well done keep at it that would be kind.....

Credit where credit is due

Imho

Dave

Very stylish shot Paul - could imagine it gracing the pages of a swish magazine :)

Thanks again Dave & John :)

I agree these could grace any magazine. Lighting is spot on (y)

Very nice indeed, just seen this. I like the pen top the best but it does works as a group too.

Love it!! - Very stylish presentation with great lighting :)

Thanks again Guys. This was probably the most difficult subject I've ever lit so it's nice to hear that you think I did a good job with it :)

Looks great, very sophisticated Paul, love it.

The acrylic is a nightmare for dust try a black porcelain tile (I got mine as a sample for free(y)) it's much easier to keep dust free, have got some shots using it, will try and put them up later.

Oooh nice tip, thanks :)

Super detail and lighting especially when viewing the larger version.

Wonderful, i love how clean and detailed it looks..

Would love to see the set up, iv never used a light tent, it looks like it was lit from in front..

Great work..

I love that effect for product photography (y)

Doesn't a tryptich come under the same heading as panos and get a wide 1024pxls :rules:

Need to get some acetate.

Back