Victor Meldrew Moment

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't believe it! :crying: :bang: :wacky:

Yesterday I went to the Ponderosa Christmas Fair (I wish I had gone to Bolton Abbey instead but I had to keep my wife happy).

I have just opened up my photos to find that I had forgotten to change the white balance from tungsten to daylight so all my jpegs are nice and blue :(

Normally I shoot in RAW so it wouldn't matter, but for some reason I was shooting at ISO400, in tungsten and in jpeg... all 3 were completely wrong for the conditions :bang:

I think I should go back to p&s as I've completely lost the plot recently.

The first time I've taken my camera out in months and this happens :crying:

ive done the same bit have been able to adjust them in gimp :D

We've all been there ... or worse ... at some point Braeden ... :D

Not much help I know but may be some consolation for your p&s (?) thoughts ...:thinking:

:p

Should have used RAW ;)

We've all done it so I shant laugh (y)

Sorry to hear that, you must have been gutted! After I made a similar mistake I always make a point of setting my camera back to my defaults when I've finished shooting. ie; ISO100, AWB etc. A lesson I learnt the hard way though!

we've all been there

I've just done that with the camera now

Reset to RAW, ISO 100 and AWB and parameters 2 (no sharpening, contrast, colour etc)

Will try and remember to reset it to my defaults after each use from now on

We've all done it mate.

When I had my G3, I shot a full day in JPEG, because I didn't have enough space to shoot in RAW. I left it on Auto WB....

Got home...every single shot had had the incorrect WB applied to it, and looked rubbish.

Silly sod like me ended up deleting alot of them from the day, not realising I could fix it in photoshop (I thought changing things like that could ONLY be done if I had shot in RAW).

Nightmare mate. I feel for you, I really do.

I am still doing that with my ISO settings. I am seriously thinking about taking some Tippex (other correctional fluids are avilable) to the back of my 350D and writing "CHECK YOUR ISO SETTINGS" in big white text.

We've all done it mate.

When I had my G3, I shot a full day in JPEG, because I didn't have enough space to shoot in RAW. I left it on Auto WB....

Got home...every single shot had had the incorrect WB applied to it, and looked rubbish.

Silly sod like me ended up deleting alot of them from the day, not realising I could fix it in photoshop (I thought changing things like that could ONLY be done if I had shot in RAW).

I haven't deleted them, but I don't have the heart to go through them all so they may end up just taking space on my hard drive and never get sorted. Saying that, they aren't all that good anyway really.

Been there done that with tungsten WB aswell looked interesting in blue so I said it was deliberate :D

Don't bin the shots, the WB is probably fixable.

Never changed WB on my 300D , if the piccy comes out a bit 'wrong' I just reset it in PS.

It means I can blame everything on Canon :D

stick a colour filter through in PS should take some edge off it.

OOPS! Like everyone says we've all been there.
Still you could convert em to B&W

Ever tried to take a snapshot of a flying owl with the camera on a 10 second timer.

Ever tried to take photos inside with f20

etc...

I have.

Basically life is a learning experience :)

Back